Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:01 AM

Default FF - Should I back into the playoffs?

I'm fortunate enough to have clinched the playoffs in my big money league with 1 week left in the regular season. My league has a standard waiver system based on record and YTD points scored. Only 4 teams make the playoffs, and I'm either the #2 or #3 seed no matter what. Next week essentially means nothing to me. Once the playoffs start, only teams that are in the playoffs can make waiver requests. If I lose this week, there is a possibility I can have a worse record than the #4 seed (I won my division, 3 divisions/1 wildcard), keeping my seed in tact but giving me better waiver position. May not seem like a big deal but you never know when your star can get injured (I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Westbrook get dinged up on MNF). I'm in a CBS Sportsline Double Diamond league and am friends with precisely zero of the the owners in my league, and I'm too scared to email CBS about this fearing they'd disqualify me, so what would you do?

Lawyers please interpret:

Official rules:

You are allowed as many as 8 players in your starting lineup, according to the positional requirements listed in the table above. However the numbers in the "starting lineup" column represent the maximum number of players you may have at each position. You may use fewer players than the number listed at each position without penalty.

**** Please note that, throughout the season, your overall roster is not restricted to a specific number of players at each position. Once the draft is over, you can carry, in reserve, as many or as few players at each position as you like, as long as your overall roster does not exceed 14 players.

General Sportsmanship
By participating, you agree to abide by the general sportsmanship rules set forth in these rules and fantasy games in general. You further agree to accept and abide by the rulings and the decisions of SportsLine regarding all questions of sportsmanship. If an owner does not comply with the sportsmanship rules as defined in these official rules, or SportsLine determines (in SportsLine's sole discretion) that an owner has acted in an unsportsmanlike manner, SportsLine reserves the right to disqualify the owner. Before doing so, SportsLine will contact the owner for an explanation. SportsLine will evaluate the explanation and decide, in its sole discretion, whether or not to disqualify the owner(s) in question. All decisions by SportsLine in sportsmanship and related matters will be final.