Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 02:27 AM

Default A7s, enormous pot

can i get away from this hand? should i? on the river i thought i probably didn't have the best hand, but the pot was big enough where i figured i had to go to showdown anyway. preflop the table was loose enough where i thought my hand would get the proper odds. on the flop i thought i had the best hand enough of the time to continue. most of the table is extremely loose, take that into account.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (30.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 36.25 BB
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: A7s, enormous pot

is your raise button broken or something??

3bizzle the fizzle, 3bizzle the tizzle

addendum

you have to go after these pots man.

Why in the world didn't you raise MP on the turn?? everyone is playing like they have overpairs, and your flop cold calls look like a flush draw so any raise after this is going to let you drop on the river if the war continues.

i'm 3betting the flop too though.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:37 AM

it wouldn't really matter at this table, i knew it would be capped. i let the button push out two players!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't really matter at this table, i knew it would be capped. i let the button push out two players!

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 AM

-Why post in a 6 max game? The BB will be there soon enough.
-The preflop calling of the cap when its 2 back to you is questionable.
-Flop, maybe you have the best hand. Doubtful. So what if you do? Any over card on the turn and your going to hate your hand.
-Turn, you hit trips, nice. Still a strong possibility of a flush on the board. If an A or K falls on the river you think someone might have a boat then? If I got to the turn with this hand, I'm staying but I'm not comfortable.
-River, At least no overcards, straight possibility.
-overall I'm not crazy about the hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 AM

i posted because i had just returned and this table had been going very well for me, i really didn't want to give up 4 hands.

i'm not crazy about the hand either, but i just don't know how to react when the pot gets so big and everyone is just going crazy.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 AM

the button raised after me anyway, and caused BB and UTG to fold.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Why post in a 6 max game? The BB will be there soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

has been discussed ad nauseum and is at least close to EV neutral

[ QUOTE ]

-The preflop calling of the cap when its 2 back to you is questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

mutliway decent position I think it's fine.

[ QUOTE ]

-Flop, maybe you have the best hand. Doubtful. So what if you do? Any over card on the turn and your going to hate your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
when we do have the best hand we are reverse dominating people in a huge pot, not so bad actually
[ QUOTE ]

-Turn, you hit trips, nice. Still a strong possibility of a flush on the board. If an A or K falls on the river you think someone might have a boat then? If I got to the turn with this hand, I'm staying but I'm not comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you can be so concerned on both the flop and the turn. it really looks like we're up against two overpairs by the time the turn hits so only UTG can have a flush. with top trips top kicker we have non-crappy made hand and a lot of nut draws so folding is crazy. holy raise already.

[ QUOTE ]

-River, At least no overcards, straight possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you worried about overcards with trips exactly? someone hit a 2-outer??

[ QUOTE ]
-overall I'm not crazy about the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that I can agree with [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the button raised after me anyway, and caused BB and UTG to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok you've officially lost me. how did you "know" it was going to be capped? and what does that have to do with anything? Do you think you can maybe get 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9x-Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Qx to fold somewhere if you actually tried to win this pot?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:58 AM

i knew based on the preflop action and my read on the table. i had been there for a while and it was very loose.