Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 12:23 AM

Default AA on a broadway flop

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.10 BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($8.06)
UTG+1 ($9.55)
UTG+2 ($2.45)
MP1 ($8.95)
MP2 ($4.90)
MP3 ($7.45)
CO ($15.85)
Button ($12.80)
SB ($.88)
Hero ($12.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, MP2 calls $0.45, Button folds.

Flop: ($1.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $4.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.50

standard fold?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: AA on a broadway flop

Wow, nice laydown. Move up immediately in stakes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] One pair on an all-broadway flop isn't usually that great of a hand, even AA. I don't know that this is standard, but I think you get away from trouble here more times than you fold the best hand.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:01 AM

i'm confused, did he leave himself $0.10 behind?

you blew it by folding here. you have 38% equity against 2 pair, and with 2-1 pot odds you only need 33% equity to call. this ignores the times you have the best hand already, and at $10NL that's more often than you think.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, nice laydown. Move up immediately in stakes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed! :golf clap:

Facing a raise I'd fold this with a scowl, but better to be losing a little, than a lot, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, nice laydown. Move up immediately in stakes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Facing a raise I'd fold this with a scowl, but better to be losing a little, than a lot, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

folding when you're behind isn't always right. Here it is definately wrong.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

folding when you're behind isn't always right. Here it is definately wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, ignored the stack size. Would you say that if villian and hero both had $15 more behind, that it would be a good laydown? I'm pondering your math. You don't account for sets or straights, just two pair?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:22 AM

AK ? Set ? Six outs ? Nevrtheless better safe than sorry. Still think I might have pushed but I'm naughty [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Read of the player is the decider here. Mathematically your 55% favourite against any broadway holding but about 65/35 underdog against this range of hands: AA,KK,QQ,TT,AKs,AJs,AKo,AJo,KQs,KTs,QTs,JTs,KQo,KT o,QTo - Equal hand, Two pair, Set, Straight.

Probably a very good fold.

Edit just looked at the stack sizes, you should have took him all-in, no doubt.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:25 AM

Aren't these games full of donkeys?

I can't see folding this vs a guy with 50bb.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, ignored the stack size. Would you say that if villian and hero both had $15 more behind, that it would be a good laydown? I'm pondering your math. You don't account for sets or straights, just two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

yah i'm only figuring 2 pair. My guess is villain has one pair more often than he has a set or straight, and is outright bluffing a small percentage of the time.

don't get me wrong, i think hero is behind here, if villain was deeper i'm probably folding. He's just vary rarely behind enough to fold getting 2-1 with 2 cards to come.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:14 AM

Fold pre-flop.