Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 01:58 PM

Default AQ vs A+low flop

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $50 NL (10 handed) converter

Hero ($30.10)
MP1 ($81.75)
CO ($49.75)

CO is tight preflop (16 VPIP), but pretty passive (1.4% PFR). Postflop, he's very loose and passive -- rarely bets or folds on the flop. I've seen CO get aggro on the turn and river -- either bluffing or waiting for "when bets increase on the turn" or some [censored]. MP1 is much looser preflop (32 VPIP), and much less aggro post, generally flying under the radar by not being too aggro or showing down much.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP1 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, Hero ...

Action like this makes me think of situations where I CB then get raised by someone who actually hit their hand. Should I 3-bet and fold, or call then fold the turn UI, or calldown, or ... ? I'm new, I'm lost. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: AQ vs A+low flop

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $50 NL (10 handed) converter

Hero ($30.10)
MP1 ($81.75)
CO ($49.75)

CO is tight preflop (16 VPIP), but pretty passive (1.4% PFR). Postflop, he's very loose and passive -- rarely bets or folds on the flop. I've seen CO get aggro on the turn and river -- either bluffing or waiting for "when bets increase on the turn" or some [censored]. MP1 is much looser preflop (32 VPIP), and much less aggro post, generally flying under the radar by not being too aggro or showing down much.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP1 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $10</font>, Hero ...

Action like this makes me think of situations where I CB then get raised by someone who actually hit their hand. Should I 3-bet and fold, or call then fold the turn UI, or calldown, or ... ? I'm new, I'm lost. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 is going along for the ride. CO though you said doesn't do this on the flop (at least that you know of) i'd lay this down. either way you're seeing his hand cuz of MP1
Old 12-03-2005, 02:14 PM

What are you putting MP1 and CO on?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:23 PM

the only hands I can see cutoff with are 33, 44 given his "tight preflop" and passive tendencies. AK/AQ aren't out of the question either. Passive players don't raise with air into a pfr and caller on a Axx flop. I usually give credit the first time a passive shows aggression. Fold is ok here.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you putting MP1 and CO on?

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 cold-calls a lot, so after the flop call I'd put him on Ace-mid, like A9 or so, or maybe a pocket pair or backdoor flush draw. I don't think he has much, because he just calls way too often for me to be scared of his initial call.

CO... I was thinking a flush draw, A4 or A3, or 33 or 44. I am leaning heavily towards A3/A4. I think party $50NL players raise the flop most often with two pair. They wait for the turn or river to get tricky with bigger hands. A flush draw is also a possibility, since that is a standard limit move. I think the only likely holding here that I'm beating is the flush draw, which I put as the least likely of his holdings. A-mid is possible but this guy isn't that bluffy, and I had raised PF so I expect that he's gotta think I've got A+high.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is tight preflop (16 VPIP), but pretty passive (1.4% PFR). Postflop, he's very loose and passive -- rarely bets or folds on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($6.75) 4, 3, A (3 players)
Hero bets $4, MP1 calls $4, CO raises to $10, Hero ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a fold to me.

You've represented a big ace and a tight passive player raises the pot = fold (usually).