Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Poker Specific - The Flopped Flush

Recently i was involved in a 4 way hand. I held 2d 3d, and checked my BB. Flop came 9d 8d 6d. 1st to act after button, i pushed it all in wit 1500 chips. Person after me (300chips) calls me wit Ad flush draw, 3rd person folds, and last person 700 chips calls wit straight. turn and river didnt improve hand. Just comment on if i played this hand correctly. My theory behind my play, was that when a flop is all color cordinateed such as the 3 diamonds in my case, chances are that someone has a high flush draw card. My having the lowest flush right now, thought it wud be better to eliminate other people drawing for higher flushes which can cost me many chips later on. Any opinions?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Poker Specific - The Flopped Flush

I think waht you should have done was check/call the turn and the river and if you felt you were still good I would value bet the pot at the end. The way you play it makes it seem like you are afraid of the flush and someone holding AD or xDxD that are bigger than yours will look you up. I think you lose this hand more than you win it.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:45 AM

Old 12-05-2005, 12:59 AM

There are only 7 outs vs 9 to a one card flush with 2 cards to go thats about a 70% chance of winning. If I thought I'd get callers I'd push you did it worked.