Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Bad beat I just had...

Hand #9988656-16 at SnG-MT201a-1 (No Limit tournament Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 30/Nov/05 23:37:57

SkiDog1 is at seat 0 with 1255.
nonhawser is at seat 1 with 1395.
chump47 is at seat 2 with 1470.
jmizzybwood is at seat 3 with 1320.
Mass Tony is at seat 4 with 2515.
ENGAGEtheSLOT is at seat 5 with 1855.
mhuggins is at seat 7 with 4870.
drew1515 is at seat 8 with 1635.
The button is at seat 3.

Mass Tony posts the small blind of 20.
ENGAGEtheSLOT posts the big blind of 40.

SkiDog1: -- --
nonhawser: -- --
chump47: -- --
jmizzybwood: -- --
Mass Tony: -- --
ENGAGEtheSLOT: -- --
mhuggins: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
drew1515: -- --

Pre-flop:
mhuggins raises to 80. drew1515 folds. SkiDog1 folds. nonhawser folds. chump47 folds. jmizzybwood folds. Mass Tony folds. ENGAGEtheSLOT calls.

Flop (board: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]):
ENGAGEtheSLOT checks. mhuggins bets 90. ENGAGEtheSLOT raises to 180. mhuggins re-raises to 390. ENGAGEtheSLOT goes all-in for 1775. mhuggins calls.

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:
ENGAGEtheSLOT shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
mhuggins shows 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Turn (board: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]):
(no action in this round)

River (board: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]):
(no action in this round)

Showdown:
ENGAGEtheSLOT has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: full house, queens full of threes.
mhuggins has 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: full house, deuces full of queens.

Hand #9988656-16 Summary:
No rake is taken for this hand.
ENGAGEtheSLOT wins 3730 with full house, queens full of threes.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Bad beat I just had...

Lol, thats not a bad beat moran, he was ahead the whole way.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation
Old 12-01-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I know it's not technically a "bad beat". I know he had a lot of outs with the flush draw. What I was trying to point out was the unlikelihood of his runner-runner to pick up a higher full house. So not a bad beat in general, just an unlikely way to be beat this hand is all I meant. No biggy, I still got first in the tourney. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]