Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Default KK HU. Why am I scared?

UTG+1 is 22/8/0,9 over 524 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

I sure as hell will not complete.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Hmm re-raising me on that board? What can he have here. Medium PP, Flush draw? I feel I am ahead and 3-bets hoping for him to cap it.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

He won't give up eh! He probably has something. Was he lucky enough to nail a 5? Full house with 33 or still just a medium PP or a flush draw? His postflop aggression of 0,9 don't indicate a flush draw tho. I will call and check/call the river no matter what comes (except a king...)

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Comments?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: KK HU. Why am I scared?

nh

You might see an A5s making this, or TT-77. Flush draw, maybe, but he's kind of passive. I think the turn rules that out.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:56 AM

:grunch:

I think you played it right. I would think A5s is within the villan's range.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:03 PM

perfect and standard

nh
Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perfect and standard nh

[/ QUOTE ]
Your scared mostly of a five or a three or maybe 33 or 55.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Maybe villain smooth-called with AA-JJ to trap on flop? I guess it's possible he has A5 suited but that's a pretty loose call up front (depending on opponent, sorry don't know what tracker stats indicate.) If that was the case, wouldn't he cap the flop? I put villain on medium PP after he calls your flop 3-bet - guess he could also have a flush draw as you indicated, but would he raise the flop on a semi-bluff is the question (at that limit, probably not.)

Raising on the turn indicates TT...yeesh. I think you played it right.

ScottieK
Old 12-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Ok thank guys, that was what I suspected. Just wanted to see if I was to scared when I could easily have gotten a few extra bets into the pot. But I guess I did fine and it felt good [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Btw, whats the link to that site where you copy your HH and you get a full report etc?

EDIT: Oh yea, he showed 88.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:06 PM

http://www.pokergrader.com/