Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Default 10/20: T8s rivers a flush and pairs board

Let me preface this with the face that this is one of those sweet "I was villain threads"...

I had been complaining of beats, specifically mentioning a top set losing to a 1-outer for 4.6k. I was tilted but figured I would try and induce a little action by talking up a bit and making people think I was tilted(which I was). Anyways.. I'm doing my typical LAG play and this hand came along. I'm curious as to what approach "Hero" should take, other than folding preflop and if anyone feels like commenting on his play. Also feel free to put me on a hand/range.

Thanks,
-Ace

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($4968)
UTG ($2314)
MP ($1920)
CO ($990)
Button ($2635)
Hero ($5429)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $60</font>, CO calls $60, Hero calls $60.

Flop: ($240) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $250</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $230.

Turn: ($740) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $738</font>, Hero calls $738.

River: ($2216) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1100</font>, BB calls $3900 (All-In), Hero calls $2800.

Final Pot: $10016
Old 11-30-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 10/20: T8s rivers a flush and pairs board

I think I fold to the allin if my read says he's a TAG player. Given you play LAG, I think he needs to call river. If im villan, Im potting flop to 3 bet allin.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:49 PM

With those stack sizes - potting to 3-bet all-in is not really an option. His call on the river is bad - even if you are on tilt. But then again, his little $20 bet on the flop leads me to believe he is a bad player. Might as well flip his cards over after he calls your flop raise.

You better have at least Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - otherwise, you really were on tilt.

If I were him - I probably would have led the flop and called a raise. But I'm not sure that is the best line with those stack sizes. I think check-calling has merit. Check-raising is bad - just sets him up to fold to an all-in.

Yeah, I think check-calling is best - hopefully some limper-donk will come along with one-pair type hand and sweeten the pot odds for you.

D
Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
otherwise, you really were on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never tilted this bad before.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
otherwise, you really were on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd never tilted this bad before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people who play against you probably think you tilt all the time, from what I've seen. Image is fun.

D
Old 11-30-2005, 05:02 PM

With that T8s I'd debate between raising you to 1k str8 on the flop or just calling

If I had made it 1k str8 I'd definitely fold to a push all-in
Old 11-30-2005, 05:05 PM

Didnt realise you were so deep. But maybe then 3 bet allin would get you to fold all hands but KK JJ. So maybe its not so bad. As well straight and flush draw isnt far behind a set anyways. So I stand by my line.

On a side note, Acehi, I coulda sworn iv seen you in my 400nl games about a month ago. Did you go on a huge run to be playing 2k nl or where you just huegly overrolled for the 400 game?
Old 11-30-2005, 05:06 PM

76s would be funny.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM

im hapy u won a huge pot, but this post is lame.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im hapy u won a huge pot, but this post is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just thought he played it horribly... and should have folded, especially to river push. I had KK... but I just couldn't believe he would look to value bet the river, and then call the push... I think a check-call is much more appropriate.

The biggest question I had was ... is this a case of looking to get involved with a particular player way too much, just because he's tilted. I understand limping T8s but thought calling the raise was awful, minbetting the flop was awful, and was curious what other lines people would suggest. I like betting 3/4 pot and pushing a 3-bet on the flop.

I also thought this was an interesting hand as any club that doesn't pair the board I would be cautious of... but a 9 would be tricky. I considered QT as an option but would pay off the straight a lot easier than the flush.

Thanks for the replies,
-Ace