Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 10:06 PM

Default KK 200 NL an exercise

there have been a few posts about how 200NL plays different from 100NL and lower and today i ran into a great situation that illustrates the how 200NL plays differently than lower limits. actually i have two hands b/c it is important to understand that the higher u go the more u are playing against a players tendancies and not just one hand in isolation. I have played with villain b/f. I didnt have really any notes except he was weak and unremarkable. he is playing on more than one table of mine and i have a good number of hands in my database. he is a little loose for a typical multitabler and raises a little more than i would.

In the first hand villain raises from the button. Now from a person who already openraises too frequently i defenitely am suspicous and many times he will have values than will not want to play in a raised pot. Now u could rr here and 3/4 bet any flop and likely show a profit, it would be good for letting villain know your blinds are not for the taking but i rr a much wider range than AA and KK already so any more rr and an observant opponent can put me in some tuff spots and i like the fish to think i have it. so I have KJ suited and call planning on taking away the pot a fair amount of the time.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($306.70)
Button ($148.80)
SB ($137.30)
BB ($134.35)
Hero ($313.90)
MP ($412.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $2, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $7</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Hero calls $5.

Flop: ($17) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

OK, i am chk raising this flop a fair perc of the time but since that whiffed i am leading any non ace turn.

Turn: ($17) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $13</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $26</font>, Hero calls $13.

whoa, minraise, ok i am not sure what this means and i am not sure how many outs are clean i have anywhere from 7 to 14 outs so i call getting decent odds and good implied odds if i hit any of my flush outs.

River: ($69) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $45</font>, Button calls $45.

this card likely scares him, but he already doesnt respect my bets but i want to bet an amount that i think will get called often. had the river come a K or J i likely would have check called a reasonable bet from villain, and expected to be good some of the time. prob half pot or less

Final Pot: $159

he reloads and a few hands later i get KK of course he openraises and i am loading up the gun with shells.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($319.15)
CO ($197)
Button ($130.10)
SB ($146.50)
Hero ($366.90)
UTG ($613.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, [color=#CC3333]CO raises to $8</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $20</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, CO calls $14.

sometimes i raise a tad more pf, here 20 sounded good.

Flop: ($47) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $35</font>, [color=#CC3333]CO raises to $70</font>

again with the minraise....wtf...ok this time i have defined my hand a LOT better, but this is within a few orbits of when i "rivered" him (there were comments made in chat) so i have a decision. obviously if i call 35 the rest is almost always going in. heros action and plan for the rest of the hand????? 100NL and lower u should almost always much a pair to a raise unless u have a read to the contrary. (and especially when it is a multitabler - villain may not be a winning player, but if u just sit and wait for hands u can win in 200NL so he might be. actually i doubt it he plays to many hanhs, just so hard to play a lot of hands profitably in 200NL imo to many maniacs) the games just are not agressive.