Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2003, 07:48 PM

Default firepay vs. neteller

I've seen some posts pro and con for each of these around the forum. But does anyone have a good idea of which is better, or are they the same. for service, security but also rates. I used neteller once for a credit card transaction and they took out a big chunk, is firepay the same? No venting please unless they absolutley stole your money.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 PM

Default Re: firepay vs. neteller

I haven't used firepay in almost two years. When I did I found their credit traansactions to be ridicculously slow, and their customer service to be nothing short of pitiful. I understand now they charge a 1.1% fee for even the most basic transaction, such as returning funds to your bank account. Neteller has improved, however, since their inception IMO. If you depsoit funds into your neteller account from a linked bank account, and wait the five business days they require for the funds to clear, there is no fee at all. Neteller has also gotten faster about crediting funds to your bank account when you make a withdrawl from your neteller account. In short, neteller has no fees (if you avoid the instant EFT option), has faster transactions, and far superior customer service when compared with Firepay. I woulddn't be at all surprised if Firepay disappears within a year or so. They have nothing beneficial to offer me as a consumer. (I still miss using PayPal, though, and the interest it pays on funds in accounts).
Old 07-04-2003, 08:13 PM

I use NetTeller. I’m very satisfied with them; however I have never done an “initial” deposit with them.

I have used them to withdraw from poker sites and then to deposit on other sites. That is the extent of my experience with them. So far, so good.

As far as security goes, your guess is as good as mine.

TC,
pf
Old 07-05-2003, 01:16 AM

ive been using firepay for a few weeks now
havent had any trouble
initially it was free, but just recently they started charging $1.50 when you deposit money to firepay from a bank
i havent been charged when transferring to firepay after cashing out
once i set up and verified my account with firepay, deposits to firepay were immediate
so far i cant complain, if anybody has had trouble with firepay, what was the trouble?
Old 07-05-2003, 05:22 AM

Default and for europeans?

very good thread!
i recently stopped playing at Ladbrokes (where you could cash out to your visa-card) and now i am blowing my money at party.
is it possible for europeans to withdraw money via fire-play or neteller.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:59 AM

I am European, and i have used both to them...But i find Neteller the perfect answer for online gaming..Good customer service..quick transfers etc. I have never had any problems using Neteller..You can cashout through cheques or debitcard...or what i do...i have some buddies, who transfer to mine Paypal (so i can transfer them to my Dutch bankaccount) and i transfer it in their Neteller account (peer to peer).