Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 PM

Default 88 on button with all undercards

Does this look ok? The bet on the river really confused me, should I call down or raise it for value? What about the rest of the streets? Preflop might be a little loose, but the price looked right and I was in position.

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="green">Hero...</font>
Old 11-25-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: 88 on button with all undercards

Reads?

Depending on MP1's pfr standards, I think preflop is fine. I'm also ok with the raise on the turn, and I think you have to raise the river for value. You could be dead to 54s, but MP2 would have to be pretty loose to be the first cold-caller after the preflop raise with that hand.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:57 PM

Without a read I'd likely be so confused I'd just call. The only hand that makes any kind of sense would be something like A3 and he's worried you'll check through but who says they need to make sense? Having said that you probably can find value in a raise here but I can't quantify that value and as I said, without a read I'd wuss out and flat call.

Edit: Okay I'm changing my mind. This bet makes NO sense at all, it looks like some kind of WA/WB line with A7. If he wants to bet/3bet an innocuous river card like this after passively calling down with a 3 so be it. Raise it up and make a crying call to a 3 bet; take a note.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:09 PM

Sorry no reads I just came to the table.