Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:44 AM

Default S.O.P.

Standard operating procedure? (one 6handed hand, one HU hand)

Hand 1

6handed 10/20 game. Im on the button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

MP limps, CO limps, I raise, sb calls, BB 3-BETS, 1 limper folds, CO calls, I call.

Flop:J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)

sb checks, BB bets, CO calls, I call, sb calls.

Turn:4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)

checked to CO who bets, I raise planning on folding to a threebet....goot?

Bonus Question: if everyone folds and limper calls do u check or bet river, and what do u do if limper bets into you on the river after calling your turn bet? (assume river blank)

Bonus Question 2:(because its a situation I hate) Turn action follows the flop action, BB bets, CO calls...your action?

Hand 2: Its possible reverse implied odds suck here.

Opponent is pretty passive. Literally plays every hand and almost never raises. He has LRR w/ 99 and TT before. But limped with any non pair usually, right up until the end of the session anyway in which he started getting mroe aggressive.

Either way, hes kind of predictable but not dependable. Of course he could be getting super pissed as I am raising almost everyone of his sb limps (70-ish percent of the time) and am raising from the sb almost always.

HU 10/20

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB takes quite awhile and bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: S.O.P.

hand1:

good so far.

Bonus Question: if everyone folds and limper calls do u check or bet river, and what do u do if limper bets into you on the river after calling your turn bet? (assume river blank)

I probably check the river. I'd bet if it were the pf 3bettor who bet-called the turn b/c i think he'll call me with AK. The limper bet the turn which isn't that bad, but he's not 3betting a J so i think checking through is fine.

If limper donks river I call. This is a big-normous pot, we've done our best to win it now we have to call not try and save a bet.

Bonus Question 2: (because its a situation I hate) Turn action follows the flop action, BB bets, CO calls...your action?

Raise!!!! You wanted a safe turn card, now you got it. You can be sure your beat if the BB 3bets. Lets try and win this big pot.

hand2:

HU matches are really situation-dependant. If you think he has been getting fed up and started playing back at you then you have to call this one down, sans-club. If this were just another hand in a 6max game and you can be pretty sure he's on AQ+, JJ+ then I think folding the flop is fine.