Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Friday Nite 10/20 at the Trop

couldn't have been worse. No bad beat stories to report - walked out even - but the table was atrocious and the floor was a mess. 1am Friday nite and i finally get a seat at the table after playing two hours of pink chip (wish i had stayed there). The table is drunk from seat one to seat 10 with the exception of one female player. Drunk I generally like (since I don't drink and this is usually an advantage) but not this nite. The table was sloooooooooooooooooow which with a time game sucks and the players were obnoxious. not the usual drunk obnoxious but cheering bad beats, calling the girl player a whore, slow rolling, throwing cards (i mean THROWING) into the muck after calling the river so no one could see what they three or four bet with, guys cursing at eachother when their baby straights are no good and just generally acting like cretins. again i normally love a lose table but in one 1/2 hour we got six hands in...SIX. To make matters worse (and maybe the real reason i was pissy) i had killed the borgata 10/20 for nearly a grand earlier after waiting two hours for the seat but my boss, um gf made me leave to go to the trop to see harry potter in imax (highly recommended)

anyway - I hate the trop at higher stakes and that is the entire point of this message...
Old 11-27-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Friday Nite 10/20 at the Trop

[ QUOTE ]
couldn't have been worse. No bad beat stories to report - walked out even - but the table was atrocious and the floor was a mess. 1am Friday nite and i finally get a seat at the table after playing two hours of pink chip (wish i had stayed there). The table is drunk from seat one to seat 10 with the exception of one female player. Drunk I generally like (since I don't drink and this is usually an advantage) but not this nite. The table was sloooooooooooooooooow which with a time game sucks and the players were obnoxious. not the usual drunk obnoxious but cheering bad beats, calling the girl player a whore, slow rolling, throwing cards (i mean THROWING) into the muck after calling the river so no one could see what they three or four bet with, guys cursing at eachother when their baby straights are no good and just generally acting like cretins. again i normally love a lose table but in one 1/2 hour we got six hands in...SIX. To make matters worse (and maybe the real reason i was pissy) i had killed the borgata 10/20 for nearly a grand earlier after waiting two hours for the seat but my boss, um gf made me leave to go to the trop to see harry potter in imax (highly recommended)

anyway - I hate the trop at higher stakes and that is the entire point of this message...

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time sit in the Pink Chip game at the Trop. It's much better than the 10-20, when it goes.

Trop IMHO is the best in AC for entry-level limit games, but alas I have outgrown those limits. Once you get past the pink chip game, then you gotta look elsewhere for good game selection. The Trop 10-20 CAN be good at times, but other times it's rock-tight. Usually only 1 table of 10-20 gets going, too, so if the game is no good then you either have to move down in stakes or change cardrooms.