Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 PM

Default is this worth it?

the allin guy is 60/30/1
Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $34 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...
Old 11-22-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: is this worth it?

well I think I like the turn move, but it was the flop 3bet that got you there and I'm not sure I like that. I think a read on MP1 is more important here.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:07 PM

Yes.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

the bet-3bet on the flop followed by a turn check is too obvious for my taste. any mediocre hand reader knows that's a draw.

as things turned out, i think its good, as MP1 probably doesnt have much. i wouldnt be surprised if it was a flush draw actually
Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the bet-3bet on the flop followed by a turn check is too obvious for my taste. any mediocre hand reader knows that's a draw.

as things turned out, i think its good, as MP1 probably doesnt have much. i wouldnt be surprised if it was a flush draw actually

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be surprised if it was a flush draw actually

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very suprised if he had a flush draw. Why wouldnt he have tried to get as much in as possible on the flop considering how close he was to all-in? Looks alot more like a king that didnt wanna put any action in on the flop because he wanted to keep you both in when all his money went in. I dont think the move is worth it cuz I dont like the parlay of being ahead of MP2 and getting MP1 to fold something you are behind and MP1 probably doesnt have many outs if you are ahead of him.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:52 PM

wouldn't a king cap the flop as well instead of calling on end?
Old 11-23-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't a king cap the flop as well instead of calling on end?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno. maybe. couldnt he be smoothcalling assuming you will bet the turn and he can trap MP1 for the full $34 on the turn?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt be surprised if it was a flush draw actually

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be very suprised if he had a flush draw. Why wouldnt he have tried to get as much in as possible on the flop considering how close he was to all-in? Looks alot more like a king that didnt wanna put any action in on the flop because he wanted to keep you both in when all his money went in. I dont think the move is worth it cuz I dont like the parlay of being ahead of MP2 and getting MP1 to fold something you are behind and MP1 probably doesnt have many outs if you are ahead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was talking about MP1