Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Stud8 - Day 2, Hand 12

Should I have even been in this hand? Should I have gotten out somewhere? I was terribly confused on this one.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.60 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (4.80 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.80 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (8.80 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (10.80 BB)
Old 11-17-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Stud8 - Day 2, Hand 12

Looks fine.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you expand on what is good about it?

I raised 3rd hoping to just take it down (but villain came in for a full bet instead of a bring-in, so that's probably unlikely).

I check-called the rest of the way because I kept picking up cards. If I were to pick up a brick anywhere, is that the street I should get out (or if I'm at 6th street, should I see the river)?

I just don't know how to think through this hand.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:28 AM

The bring-in brought it in for a full bet, right? I don't see any reason to raise. He's not going to fold. Your hand is OK heads-up, but I wouldn't be looking to build a pot with it. I'd call and hope I hit something nice on fourth.

The rest doesn't look too bad. I think I'd lead on fourth. After that, his board is getting scary, but you have a couple of Sixes, and you have a two-way hand. Hope he had pocket Aces and blanked off on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 08:25 PM

I don't see another way to play it other than not raising third since he brought it in for the full bet. I was about to say you should fold ot the river but then i noticed you have a low and cannot fold on the river.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:33 AM

I'm probably wrong about this, but I would have gotten out on 5th. I originally thought that he had 2 small clubs in the hole. Maybe he would have played differently with that holding.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:20 AM

This is a tough one agreed, esp. if involved in the hand at the table. But your out was on 4th street. You're facing a 7/5 low to your 7/6, and a possible AA or AX clubs for high. Either way, you're a dog at this point. From 5th street on you're hooked in. You played it as well as anyone can to the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:38 AM

I didn't realize that it was brought it for a full bet. I would not raise 3rd in this case. Your hand is marginal. On 4th,I like Knoll's advice.Get out of Dodge.