Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 12:55 PM

Default PF Limp/3-bet then TPTK/Nut Flush Draw, Bd. Pairs on Turn, Fish Raises

5-handed. Table is 50/25.

Villain, after 100 hands, is very loose, passive, and bad: 80/5.3/0.25/48. Does not bet much, but still, I have seen him make a weird river bluff-raise, bet the river when the turn is checked through, and sporadically bet in position when checked to, all with nada.

MP is tight, uber-aggressive, somewhat tricky 7-tabler and suspected 2+2er. 22/17/9/21

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, MP raises, Button (Villain) calls, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, Villain calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, MP folds, Villain calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, Villain raises, Hero ???

Comments on all streets appreciated, as well as your plan for the river.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: PF Limp/3-bet then TPTK/Nut Flush Draw, Bd. Pairs on Turn, Fish Raises

I hate preflop. What are you doing??
Old 11-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: PF Limp/3-bet then TPTK/Nut Flush Draw, Bd. Pairs on Turn, Fish Ra

You need to learn when it is appropriate to limp-raise. Here is not one of those times.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:14 PM

*grunch*

I don't like trying to get fancy preflop and play this hoping someone else will raise. Its too possible to bring along weaker hands that end up with 2 pair or perhaps that nasty set. So I don't care for the limp.

Passive player raising means bad things, but you still have outs, so I call the turn and hope to bet out with a flush or full house on the river. If the river misses and villan bets?.....my head says we lose but when I'm at the table against a terrible player I find it hard not to call down.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: PF Limp/3-bet then TPTK/Nut Flush Draw, Bd. Pairs on Turn, Fish Raises

Ugh...Why do this pf. Please explain your thinking. On the turn, there's no way I'm folding, but I don't think that a read about an occasional bluff-raise is enough to 3bet. Call.

-Jaran
Old 11-26-2005, 01:54 PM

The reason I tried it was because the table had been raising so much. Thus, I thought I could get an extra bet in pre-flop.

Is there ever a correct time to try this play?
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you. First time I ever tried it, maybe the last. Flame-shields ready. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 02:14 PM

If the table is raising so much, I would rather try to get my extra bet in by capping a 3bet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I don't know of a time that I would use this.

-Jaran
Old 11-26-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to learn when it is appropriate to limp-raise. Here is not one of those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

When do you think one of those times would be?
Old 11-26-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you. First time I ever tried it, maybe the last. Flame-shields ready. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. Based on your read on this villian, I want him to keep firing away. So I just call this one down. It's a pity there isn't a third player still in to pad the pot.