Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Gangwizard concert review / trip report

Boris, haakee, GiftofGab, and I went out Monday night to hang w/ mike l. and check out his band.

We got to where they were playing and mike told us that we would probably hate them and should leave if we get sick of them. He also told us most of the other bands would suck, except for this one chick.

We met at the venue and had a drink. I think most of us had beers. Mike l. had a Maker's Manhattan.

Then I took these guys on a few block walk (a few farther than I thought) to my favorite burrito place, La Taqueria. We got to where I thought the place was and there was a brand new place there! WTF? Very bad memories of the DuckFest Debacle were rekindled. We started walking back to to to El Farolito (another place I really like), but then I decided this couldn't be true and we should go to the end of the block. Boris was hesitant, but I would not relent. Indeed, three or so doors down, there was La Taqueria! Phew. Mike and I had carne asada burritos, the rest of the guys had chorizo. I think everyone liked the food. Mike said he preferred El Farolito, but I definitely prefer the no-rice burritos at La Taqueria.

Then had a beer at Doc's clock.

Sometime around here mike called Josh W and Sucker to talk about the super-high-limit action at the Commerce where they were both playing but I think both hung up on him. Later we called again and I offered to stake Sucker 25% if he would play the mixed game.

Then went back to the venue and I managed to scratch on the 8 ball in two separate games of pool. But enjoyed beers. Then saw this chick doing some really out there music. She was definitely talented, but I didn't really dig it. She had a sexy musician vibe going, though.

Somewhere along the way badbeetz showed up, then he disappeared for a long time to make out w/ some 18yo punk rock chick he met in the street. That boy has some moves.

At some point, GoG realized that he had left the $17 change from the toll on the center console of his car, parked in a dark alley near my place. I was pretty sure some homeless dude would smash his window, as cars with stuff left out around there are always broken into. He ended up giving Boris $3 to insure the $17 and haakee $22 to insure the window for $250. Haakee would have gotten more money from gab, but beetz really screwed him by downplaying the risk. beetz was right though, the car was unscathed!

badbeetz also met this chick who I now may be in love with: Jesse Quattro
(first link to learn about her, second link to see how hot she is)

Then the next band started and mike said wow these guys suck, we should go back downstairs. So we had some more drinks and hung out w/ the chick (who was also playing w/ mike's band).

Then back upstairs to see gangwizard. Mike started out playing drums, but like really mellow drums. Then he started playing trombone. The band was interesting, but really out there, and a little cacophonous. Definitely experimental and out there. After listening to a little more of this, we went downstairs w/ Boris, as he had to catch a midnight train home.

Had some more drinks, mike came downstairs, we talked to the musician chick who I guess did not dig any of us, two of the guys wagered on who looked younger (one of them lost a lot of money to the way older guy), had some Surfers on Acid (jager, rum, pineapple juice - WTF), then left and had some pizza, then that was it. I was pretty hungover the next morning.

All in all, a great night.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Gangwizard concert review / trip report

[ QUOTE ]
badbeetz also met this chick who I now may be in love with: Jesse Quattro
(first link to learn about her, second link to see how hot she is)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to assume two things here.

1)You were drunk when you met her.
2)You had not reached a point of sobriety between meeting her and the posting of this trip report.

I feel for you if you are now sober.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:15 AM

WTF man? Look how cute she is! And she ROCKS!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and checked again just to be sure.

I find it difficult to use the word cute in any way shape or form. I suppose if you tried some other adjectives I might be like ok she might be kinda that. But cute? WTF man!

She probably does rock. That's probably hot. I guess we'll have to chalk this one up as a "you had to be there" thing.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it difficult to use the word cute in any way shape or form. I suppose if you tried some other adjectives I might be like ok she might be kinda that. But cute? WTF man!

She probably does rock. That's probably hot. I guess we'll have to chalk this one up as a "you had to be there" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You are telling me you went through those pictures and you do not think she has a really pretty face?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. You are telling me you went through those pictures and you do not think she has a really pretty face?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.downtownmusic.net/picture...11/default.htm

Yeah basically...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically...

[/ QUOTE ]
you are wrong
Old 11-16-2005, 06:48 AM

she's not hot.

also, she looks like she takes herself way too seriously. i'm only going from the vibe i get from these pics, and maybe it's just the way she looks during performance, but she seems like one of those chicks who think what they're doing is some kinda high art or something, which is really annoying.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically...

[/ QUOTE ]
you are wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
not to mention she has a really shapely figure.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 AM

Mike, you may well be correct on your points in both posts.