Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 AM

Default A triplet of Ax hands

Live at an amazing Commerce table.

The Button is the same in all these hands. He's very aggressive and is a reckless bluffer.

--- Hand #1 ---

Folded to the Button who open raises. The SB calls and I call in the BB with black A7.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, I check, Button bets, SB calls, I raise, Button 3-bets, SB caps, I call, Button calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet

--- Hand #2 ---

Eight limpers to the Button who raises. The SB calls and I call in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone calls so it's nine to the flop.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to the CO who bets, the Button raises, the SB folds and I 3-bet

--- Hand #3 ---

We're five-handed now. UTG folds, loose-passive CO limps, the Button limps, the SB completes and I check red A2 in the BB.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I check, CO checks, Button bets, SB folds, I call, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked around.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, CO checks, Button bets, I call
Old 11-14-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: A triplet of Ax hands

Just how ugly and obnoxious are your opponents?

Hand 1- Why don't you fold the flop when it's two back to you?
Hand 2- I get this.
Hand 3- This is totally player dependent because some Commerce players do weird crap and some never bet there without a pair. I guess if he was ugly and obnoxious enough I'd call.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just how ugly and obnoxious are your opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

So ugly and so obnoxious that I text messaged a close friend about it.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1- Why don't you fold the flop when it's two back to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:13 AM

I cannot understand not three betting in the second hand before the flop. This is like a fat chick in a pink dress in a bikini ad...
Old 11-14-2005, 04:15 AM

Hand 1 - I fold to the SB's check/call/cap.

Hand 2 - I think you have too much of an edge to not raise this PF, and the pot's going to be too big to manage even if you just call, if the flop goes perfect and they check to the button who bets you'll be offering 10 to 1 anyway. I could be wrong about PF though and hopefully someone will explain why if so. I have a rough idea of why it might be wrong, if it is.
I think I'd fold the flop, but if you are carrying on the 3 bet looks good, got to invest that extra SB that we might have to call anyway to increase our winning chances.

Hand 3 - Fold the flop, fold the river.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

--- Hand #2 ---

Eight limpers to the Button who raises. The SB calls and I call in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Everyone calls so it's nine to the flop.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to the CO who bets, the Button raises, the SB folds and I 3-bet

You are abosolutly nuts on this hand. If you are not going to try to 3 bet preflop to move out some of the limpers, This is a clear fold when it comes back to you on the flop. You got a r/r flush draw and 2 overcards that are most likely reverse dominated and against 8 opponents. You have no chance at this pot, you are just throwing good money after your bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:42 AM

In hand 1, I think you need to check that turn. The button here is not really that much of a concern (given the read), and can almost certainly be counted on to bet. As for SB, I feel like his most likely hand is a flush draw, but it is possible he also has a monster. If you check the turn, button bets, and SB checkraises again, then you can fold. But if button bets and SB calls, you have a nice checkraise there. Vs. if you just bet out you risk the button either calling or folding and the SB seeing the river for 1 BB rather than 2.

Now of course this all assumes button is going to bet that turn with a relatively high frequency, but from your read it seems that is the case.

Also, I 3bet preflop in both hand 1 and 2, for solid equity edges.

Hand 2 is fine, but it would be a lot different (and better) if you just would have built a ginormous pot preflop.

Hand 3 I fold the river. If it were HU then it is a call, but CO will probably overcall there with any pocket pair, a 3 or a 4.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:44 AM

You need to think a little harder. List how many outs you feel Jason has on this hand, and how large the pot is. Then you will know if a call is correct or not. And a reraise is almost certainly better than a call, because in a pot that big it is really the only chance hero has to clean up some of his outs.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:55 AM

hand 1 - You'll have to qualify 'reckless bluffer' a bit more before I think you're ahead of both SB and Button. When SB checks, it seems he either has a monster and wants to check-raise again, or that he was pumping his draw/draws (KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT of diamonds?) If he's as reckless as I'd imagine he'd have to be for you to bet here, are you calling the turn and betting a non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river?

Isn't hand 2 straight out of SSH? (Only I beleive Hero has position in Ed's example) Your backdoors and overcards give you enough to continue in the hand and your check-3bet might slow down your oppoents, get a better hand to fold, and clean up outs. I'd like to hear your reasoning for not 3-betting pre-flop, especially since it will force most of the table to call 2-cold. I suppose that most will call anyway, seeing all that money in the pot, so if your expressed intention was to check-raise most flops, then I can understand it.

For hand 3, given that he's a relentless bluffer, wouldn't a river raise be better to get out any random pocket pairs that stuck around or a better A-high?

-d
Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Eight limpers to the Button who raises. The SB calls and I call in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

gg