Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Default AK facing donk bet, no idea where I\'m at

my first orbit. no reads. posted in the cutoff and this is the first hand I've played at this table.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: AK facing donk bet, no idea where I\'m at

My guess is that UTG was content to let you auto-bet the flop but isn't sure you'll bet again on the turn.

I'm thinking UTG could have a hand like 77, 55, 87s, A4, K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or even 75s or 44, but I also think it's entirely possible the four didn't help UTG at all.

In any event, I think you're behind. I would fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that UTG was content to let you auto-bet the flop but isn't sure you'll bet again on the turn.

I'm thinking UTG could have a hand like 77, 55, 87s, A4, K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or even 75s or 44, but I also think it's entirely possible the four didn't help UTG at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, 6.75 small bets is not worth fighting for, especially since there is a fair chance you will have to call another bet on the river.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Nick here except I put him on TP(Nick just curious why you gave those hand ranges and omitted a hand like QJ/JT). Villian doesn't want turn to check through and is now less concerned about FD also.

I should note that I have seen players do this with a FD also which never quite made sense to me risking paying two bets when you want to see the river card. I still muck until I have a better read though.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should note that I have seen players do this with a FD also which never quite made sense to me risking paying two bets when you want to see the river card. I still muck until I have a better read though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've noted this too. Even so, it is still better to fold even if you know he's apt to bet in this fashion with a flushdraw.