Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Default I catch...sort of.

Both are unknown

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero ?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: I catch...sort of.

I'd call and see what happens on the river.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:08 PM

The pot's pretty small.

Fold.

I may be thinking wrong here, but if you're multi-tabling, and you think the decision is close, it could be better to fold, so you can concentrate for other tables.

Soh
Old 11-09-2005, 02:10 PM

Ick. What a time to get donked. Youhave 3 clean outs and a whole lot of worry that you're currently behind. All other outs are suspect at best.

Your flop bet certainly might look like a positional bet to MP1 but what's he donking here with? A flush draw? A weaker Q? I doubt it. He probably has a made str8 or 2 pr at worst. This pot is small. I probably let it go but since I'm closing the action I might call and see what he does on the river.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:11 PM

I think a fold is good to the turn donk. It's a small pot with 5.75 BB's to you. I think your J, Q, K outs are tainted, especially with MP2 calling. I think the turn donk indicates a hand that beats you most of the time.

With a better read, I think I can find arguments for calling down or raising for a free showdown and some fold equity, but I like a fold against two unknowns here.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:12 PM

I'd say 5.75BB is more of a medium sized pot.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be thinking wrong here, but if you're multi-tabling, and you think the decision is close, it could be better to fold, so you can concentrate for other tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty terrible reason to fold. I'm not saying that you don't end up abandoning some slim EV decisions when multitabling, but you shouldn't actively look for chances to ditch a hand so you can concentrate on others.

Anyway, as for the hand, I agree -- call and see what comes on the river. Donkbetting this turn could be an oddly played A, a weaker Q, a new diamond draw, lots of things. Re-evaluate on the river.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM

that's tough without a read. 2pair/straight/flush draw all there, not to mention you have someone in the middle- who knows what he has, so i'm very unsure about what cards could come that would help other than the 3 non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Ks. tough to count outs, but you have position on the river and he may simply check his missed draw. raising, IMO, isn't an option.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:37 PM

Is there really any value in this flop bet? The pot is pretty small, lots of opponents, and we didn't show any aggressio pre-flop so our fold-equity isn't very high. I suppose sometimes we can get JT, QT to fold, but I think they call fairly often since our bet looks fishy. I think a freecard is optimal here personally.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:41 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

easy fold against unknowns. i hate to overcall here without a stronger holding or more outs to a stronger holding.