Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 08:08 PM

Default If I played this right, why do I feel like a fish?

BB is 43/24/1.5
Button is 55/5/0.6

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: If I played this right, why do I feel like a fish?

This reminds me of a joke my roommate and I used to make all the time: "I'm going to outplay THIS GUY on THIS HAND." and then whoever said it would laugh and fold.

Playing passively feels bad to HUSHers, at least I know it's a trap I am susceptible to. Being competitive means wanting to win right now, but you can't always.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:31 PM

Well played. River makes this one really easy. Are you still folding if your J plays?
Old 11-07-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a joke my roommate and I used to make all the time: "I'm going to outplay THIS GUY on THIS HAND." and then whoever said it would laugh and fold.

Playing passively feels bad to HUSHers, at least I know it's a trap I am susceptible to. Being competitive means wanting to win right now, but you can't always.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha...good times. I'm going to be back in Gtown in 2 weeks, gonna see if I can crash Will Spring's home game.

For the hand: I like it. It's a river fold not many are wont to make(that old edMiller-ism of not folding for 1 bet taken too far), but definitely correct.

Surf
Old 11-07-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played. River makes this one really easy. Are you still folding if your J plays?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling if my J plays.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:11 PM

me too. Button could easily have called the flop with Jx with a heart and paired on the river.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:16 PM

Looks like a very disciplined laydown that I dont make just yet. Did you contimplate folding the turn?

Personally, I think you played it fine.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:43 PM

I don't get why this is a good laydown. We're putting the BB on either hearts or a Q or AK. I don't believe AK given there was no raise preflop and the BB raises a goodly amount. The button's passivity makes it seem unlikely he's a threat to do more than split.

The BB has played it like many will play catching a Ax. Even a 1.5 aggression will raise in the face of a possible flush. Why do we assume we're beat 92% of the time? I would have thought this was an easy call even figuring a split was likely.

Someone educate me...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:49 PM

I actually don't mind calling the river closing the action. LAG could be raising a Queen on the turn, but also a flush draw or an Ace you have outkicked are very possible too. LP button could be calling 2 cold on the turn w/ a flush draw or Ace you have outkicked. The river Jack might have allowed him to call one last bet with a hand like J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] if he doesn't have an Ace. I think you're good here &gt; 1 in 13.5 times.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you still folding if your J plays?

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I'm not sure. I do know that the decision would take about 15 seconds.