Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Default suited connectors

Just looking at my PT database, pretty much all the other hands I play consistently (AJ+, pairs, Ax suited) are all profitable but overall I've lost money on suited connectors. I was just wondering if other people's stats showed the same or if I've just had bad luck or maybe played them incorrectly or just too small a sample size to tell (61k total hands, 3359 suited connectors, 23vp$ip when dealt suited connectors). I usually will limp in with them in late position if there's other limpers or sometimes call a raise against bad/predictable opponents or if there are a lot of people in the pot. It just seems like its so rare that I really clobber the flop and I end up folding or chasing. Even when its a multiway pot and I'm getting correct odds to chase with a flush draw it seems like very frequently the flush hits and the other passive player in the hand will bet out and show a higher flush. One of the reasons I like to play Ax suited is to be in this very situation and win a big pot from a lower flush and also be confident in big pushes/pots. Anyway was just wondering if other people have found suited connectors to be profitable or a leak.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: suited connectors

Limit or no-limit?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:57 PM

What [censored] forum is this?????
Old 11-07-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You hate me... don't you?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Not you...all [censored] retards.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His post... and the fact that PT I feel works better for limit poker... just made me ask... Jesus..

Anyways... We are talking about this pretty extensively in another thread.

However, I think you should only play SC from late posistion for a raisse. It helps drive out the over-draws that you don't want to be against... like A-rag suited or K-9 suited.

I think if you don't raise and try to define the villians hands... you are setting yourself up to win small pots and loose big ones.