Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Default should this player have gone broke?

1st hand of tournament blinds 25/50 player A is not a regular in this B&M room or this tournament. players start with 3,000 in chips rounds are 20 minutes and the blinds pretty much double all the way through.

pre-flop: 3 limpers to cut-off who raises to 100, button calls 100, SB folds, Player A in BB has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and calls the bet, all other players call, 625 in the pot.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checked to the original raiser who bets 100, the button calls, BB makes it 500 to go, and Player B next to act makes it 1000, folded to original raiser who calls and action is back on the Player A (BB), he pushes all in. Player B next to act calls and back to original raiser who folds.

As I stated Player A has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], what hand does player B have, and who went bust? I am sure it is not that hard to figure out but I would like to hear your thoughts on the hand. ^Thanks in advance for all your thoughts and criticism or critique.

Swiss Cheese
Old 11-04-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: should this player have gone broke?results

Player A, asked player B if he had pocket 5's and Player B smiled and obliged by turning over 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Player A did not improve and went bust. Thanks again for your thoughts on the hand any questions and Player A will answer, and give his thought process.

Swiss Cheese
Old 11-05-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: should this player have gone broke?

no message
Old 11-05-2005, 01:04 PM

Fold preflop.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting 6-to-1 immediate odds, likely to increase to 9-to-1 plus implied odds?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:39 PM

With no reads, I would. K8s is a great way to go broke second best. Drawing to second nut flush, on this board flopped trip 8's with second best kicker. I'm not that attached to these cards in a multi-way pot.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awful advice.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:04 PM

I can't see not going broke in this situation. I play too weak-tight they say but this is an easy call for me preflop and to get it all in on the flop. You still have a few outs to hit a higher full house.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

R u kidding I can not see ever folding in that position, am I missing something 12 to 1 if everyone calls no brainer!!!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With no reads, I would. K8s is a great way to go broke second best. Drawing to second nut flush, on this board flopped trip 8's with second best kicker. I'm not that attached to these cards in a multi-way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the pots you would win hitting trips or flush are far greater than the pots you would lose when someone has the higher kicker/nut flush. Maybe in omaha I'd lay it down if I hit one of those 2, but not in holdem, I'd be giving up too many pots that I'd potentially win by using that logic.

Preflop, getting great odds, I call with much worse than that, that hand has alot of value even with less odds.