Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Modify tight statistics from SB or button?

I run a little tight 6max, which is no problem. But when I am running cold, my numbers are extremely tight.

So to boost your VPIP percentages, would you rather pay the 1/2 SB, or limp from the button when there is no raise?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Modify tight statistics from SB or button?

[ QUOTE ]
I run a little tight 6max, which is no problem. But when I am running cold, my numbers are extremely tight.

So to boost your VPIP percentages, would you rather pay the 1/2 SB, or limp from the button when there is no raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are approaching the problem incorrectly. money is won not by finding some holy grail of vpip/pfr/af but by making correct decisions hand by hand and street by street. the hands that you play should be dictated by the hand ranges of your opponents, their aggressiveness, stack sizes, etc. focus on playing hands properly postflop by extracting maximum value from your opponents' hand ranges or exercising pot size control when necessary.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the hands that you play should be dictated by the hand ranges of your opponents, their aggressiveness, stack sizes, etc. focus on playing hands properly postflop by extracting maximum value from your opponents' hand ranges or exercising pot size control when necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand all of that. Let me clarify.

When my stats go uber tight, any aggression from me and it's a fold fest.

If I am on a decent table and a few limps don't affect me much, which would you prefer doing it from, the SB or the button?

It really comes down to cost in the SB vs the advantage of acting last on the button when everyone looks to give up the board.

I can also just raise with crap from the button...
Old 11-04-2005, 06:02 PM

what type of hands are you gonna limp with from the button that you aren't already limping in with. if you need to add hands for metagame purposes at these stakes then you are playing against the wrong opponents. switch tables.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM

fwiw, i'd add hands to my range on the button but i already do that anyways. it's easier to make money in position.