Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:02 AM

Default A4s in the big blind.

UTG+1 is a solid tag, MP1 and Button both loose and passive.

I was going to c/r the flop if both donkeys came along but flat called when only one came along for the fun.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>
Old 11-03-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: A4s in the big blind.

I think UTG+1 will most likely fold.

The unfortunate thing is that if Button was chasing a gutshot, he has at least a pair now. But maybe he has overcards instead. Or maybe he'll call with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I kind of doubt Button will fold a pair he caught on the river, but maybe he'll decide the board is too scary to be calling a bet with his pocket 4's.

Anyway, I think this bet usually will not work, but maybe it will often enough. It seems worth a shot to me.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:29 AM

cheak raise the flop.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:48 AM

You are getting equity to raise the flop here. I don't like the river raise. A lot of pairs will call you down here, and the preflop raiser may even call you down with A high and a better kicker. I probably check fold this river.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:53 AM

I might be spewing, but I'd come out and bet that flop straight away.

My thinking is that UTG+1 will raise if he has an overpair, a big ace-broadway, and/or TT. If he has an overpair, his raise will be good because it will likely chase away the donks (who might also be holding an A) and create 3 outs for you. If UTG+1 has a big ace, he now must fear that you paired the flop and you can lead out at the turn or river, or 3-bet the flop based on how you've seen UTG+1 play. You have a great semi-bluffing hand, I'd play it hard.

If UTG+1 just calls....crap.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 AM

CHECK RAISE THIS FLOP
Old 11-03-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CHECK RAISE THIS FLOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, okay. I'm all right with a flop checkraise.

However, the third player in cuts down on our ability to steal the pot later if the PFR is on overcards.

Also, if the PFR has an overpair and 3-bets and that 3-bet chases the third player out, well, that's not the greatest result, though I guess it might at least buy us two outs.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:44 AM

why would the HERO not lead out with a bet on the flop?
Old 11-03-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Versus three opponents, I think you're most likely going to need to improve to win.

I don't think we really want the PFR raising with an overpair, either, though I'll admit that it might buy us two outs if he did.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting this flop is terrible. I shouldn't need to elaborate: but in case I do, why would you bet with a PFR directly to your left who will raise and blow away the field -- the field you need to pad the pot for your nut flush draw?