Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 09:29 PM

Default what to do on this flop?

Table is pretty loose (at least for Stars). I figured if I raise preflop I am still getting a bunch of limpers and decided to play a big family pot and just called.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero...?

bet or check/call unless it's 2 back to me? I usually check/fold or call if I have a bad kicker, but A gives me some nice outs if behind, plus folding Qx and Kx is not that bad. Thoughts?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: what to do on this flop?

You figured if you raised preflop you'd get a bunch of callers. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. Raise Preflop. You aren't folding any Kxes either.

I'd check here and see how the action develops behind me. An MP3 bet may mean its time for a check raise.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured if I raise preflop I am still getting a bunch of limpers and decided to play a big family pot and just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reasons are an awesome argument for raising pre-flop.

As for the flop, just check and see what happens.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Playing for a family pot is good for flush and straight draws with A10s, not so good for top pair. I'd raise pf.

If you knew where a flop bet was coming from you could plan a c/r but you don't, so I'd lead out. It's wishful thinking to think that you could fold a Kx hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured if I raise preflop I am still getting a bunch of limpers and decided to play a big family pot and just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement makes no sense. If you have a pot equity edge, you should raise, *especially* if people will call anyway. Admittedly, ATs UTG is just on the edge. But your thinking on this point is muddled. If you had AA, would you not raise because everyone will call anyway?

Bet the flop. You may be behind to someone with a K (and you're kidding yourself if you think someone's folding Kx on this flop), but you still have five outs if that's the case. The pot's big, stab at it.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:40 PM

Like everyone else I would have raised pre-flop...

Since you didn't I would probably check here hoping to check-raise when one of the limpers (preferably one in late position) bets. This would force the people in early position to call two bets which hopefully they won't. If an early limper calls you are hurting since a check raise probably won't force anyone out. You may want to just call and hope in this case.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:46 PM

I would check/call this hand.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:47 PM

Also agree with raise preflop, that is fundamental.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:43 PM

grunch...

I check/call if it's only 1 bet to me. OOP
Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 PM

Preflop limp is fine. Raising is also acceptable. Your edge will be larger against limping hands than against cold-calling hands, but the pot will be smaller. Also note that you will be OOP the entire time regardless of what you do. Choose your fate.