Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 10:52 AM

Default 1/2 nl live QQ preflop

stacks:

hero ~500$
villain 99$ (he just sat down)

no reads on villain, except he either seems drunk or he's just a boisterous young lad. he is sitting to my right, i'm on the CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

preflop he bumps it to 11$, i make it 30$. 1 caller (i have this person covered by about 70 more), folds around to him who puts the rest in without hesitation, i sit for 30 seconds thinking and...

pot at this point b4 i act is 159$.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: 1/2 nl live QQ preflop

Flip a coin..

..Or just call, it's more fun.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 AM

Call
Old 11-01-2005, 11:03 AM

So you have to call $70 to a $160 pot? 2:1 preflop with QQ? LOVE it. call. Chances are he has AK or something of the sort, so probably a coinflip.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:04 AM

Push to isolate the short stack.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Results

I pushed. original caller folded, villain flipped up aces. flop spiked a Q but at any rate i think it was a good play. glad others were in agreement.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I pushed. original caller folded, villain flipped up aces. flop spiked a Q but at any rate i think it was a good play. glad others were in agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it.

Unless you have a strong read on the caller with the big stack that he is going to fold. If you push and get called by him you are most likely up against AA or KK, and unless you get lucky and spike a set, you just dumped your whole stack with QQ.

Flat call the push from the new guy, his range and stack size make that a reasonable play. If the other big stack comes along, play poker on the flop and try to build a side pot if your read is that you are ahead or get lucky and flop the set.

On the PF with another deep stack to act after you, you need to make your RR bigger, say $50-$80, let him know if he calls, he is likely playing for his whole stack, do not let him in the pot with something like AT or AJ. Keep in mind that even though the blinds are small, when you have a couple or more deep stacks the game is going to play bigger and you need to adjust your raises/bets to fit the new larger nature of the game.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it.

Unless you have a strong read on the caller with the big stack that he is going to fold. If you push and get called by him you are most likely up against AA or KK, and unless you get lucky and spike a set, you just dumped your whole stack with QQ.

Flat call the push from the new guy, his range and stack size make that a reasonable play. If the other big stack comes along, play poker on the flop and try to build a side pot if your read is that you are ahead or get lucky and flop the set.

On the PF with another deep stack to act after you, you need to make your RR bigger, say $50-$80, let him know if he calls, he is likely playing for his whole stack, do not let him in the pot with something like AT or AJ. Keep in mind that even though the blinds are small, when you have a couple or more deep stacks the game is going to play bigger and you need to adjust your raises/bets to fit the new larger nature of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not reading the original post right. villain pushed, and original caller had 70 left behind. i could have said "call" and original caller would still be covered but pushed to make sure he wouldn't have 15$ left or anything.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're not reading the original post right. villain pushed, and original caller had 70 left behind. i could have said "call" and original caller would still be covered but pushed to make sure he wouldn't have 15$ left or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, they way I read it the other guy in the hand you had covered by $70, i.e. nearly equal in size.

In that, case, the push was perfect.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:39 PM

this was a horrible hand. you pretty much are a total fish who got lucky.

meleader2: o rly?
minion138: ya rly.