Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Going crazy with the ladies

Party 1/2 6max. First hand post on this forum, so please tell me if this is standard/boring/wonderful.

Button is a 40/20/1 with ~ 30 hands on him. MP is the poster and I don't have previous hands on him. Not sure if the table thinks I'm TAG or LAG; I haven't gotten too fancy lately though.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

I wanted to charge MP the max if he had an ace, king or a club draw, but is this the right line to take against the Button's hand range?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Going crazy with the ladies

*Bump* Did people miss this or is my line terrifyingly standard?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Button probably has you beat. I'd just lead out the turn and call down if button raises.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:00 PM

Don't play this limit, but FWIW, youv'e been shouting out that you have an overpair, and villain says he can do better. The flop doesnt contain any draws that are really viable for a 3-bettor, so I figure he must also have some sort of overpair. From all that action, Aces, Queens or Jacks look likely.

I would donk the turn, and just call down when raised. This way you charge him if he is on a draw, but don't get 3-bet on the turn, which would probably suck.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would donk the turn, and just call down when raised. This way you charge him if he is on a draw, but don't get 3-bet on the turn, which would probably suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense. But don't we want to knock MP out instead of trapping him for two bets? If I'm WA/WB of Villain's pair/two pair/trips do I need to expend the effort to knock out the other guy when I have a vulnerable holding?
Old 11-01-2005, 04:13 PM

He doesnt likely have a set. Its fairly uncommon for people at 1-2 to cap 77 and lower. He's likely just got a big pocket pair, and either:
1) thinks that his is better than yours
2) doesnt think you have a big pp