Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:57 AM

Default SB after 4 limpers

Someone convince me that at 10/20 i'm wrong to call about 90% of all hands after 4 limpers from the SB getting 11:1. i'm currently playing:

any 2 suited
any offsuit 8 or higher
A7o-A2o
K7o, K6o
any offsuit connected or 1 gapper except 23 and 24

I'm also calling all these hands from the button after UTG raises and everyone calls to me in the BB, again getting 11:1 and closing the action.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:33 AM

Default Re: SB after 4 limpers

My calling standards aren't too different in the SB -- but your list doesn't seem to be 90% of hands!!! Also I guess you meant BB not button in the final paragraph of your post. In the BB after a raise, you want to be avoiding the dominated hands such as Ax Kx etc -- this will just cost you money in the long rrun. Getting good odds though, the suited connectors etc. are worth playing.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:40 AM

i absolutly don't know the math, so more feeling then math. but i think that your range is decent, i think that i would personaly fold some of the worst suited, i'm no big fan of xxs.

But in the bb i think it's a difrent posission, i think that you are cuite likly to see some stong hands when you are in bb after UTG Rais and everyone calls. Same its the bad suiteds and also i would much some of the ofsuits, i think my standard would be somthing like
A7o
any 9 offsuit and higer
k8o (not 100% sure)
i would probebly muck onegapers down to 86o
Old 10-31-2005, 09:34 AM

I agree that in that situation in the sb you can almost play anything. My standards are close to yours. But in the BB I think you need to tighten up, unless you can really play postflop.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm also calling all these hands from the button after UTG raises and everyone calls to me in the BB, again getting 11:1 and closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldnt you be folding your ace-rag and king-rag because of domination?