Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 PM

Default unsure with coordinated board

Villain's approximate numbers: 60/0/.1

Not sure if I shoulda bet out on flop or checked to see the action. Not sure if I shoulda kept firing on turn, river when no one came back at me and the board got worse. Other opponents were in the 30-40 VP$IP range, not as passive, except for 1 unknown guy. I figured I might be ahead and had a pretty good draw, but still felt a little lost throughout.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, 1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, 3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: unsure with coordinated board

I would probably check the turn with my nine murky-as-hell outs (a non-club ten is all I really want to see if anyone wakes up, and even that might just give me a chop), planning to call one back to me but not two.

I think the flop lead is all right. I think I like that better than checking. Still, I'm not crazy about my hand, really.

On the river, I'm torn, just like I am on every other street. I think I want to check-fold, though. This will sometimes win the pot, as we can expect your passive opponent to check his hand if he has J6s or pocket 4's (would be be chasing with that?), along with his trip nines and his queens-up hands.

If Villain shows down real longshots sometimes, then the case for a river bet-fold gains strength.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: unsure with coordinated board

Yes, those outs are indeed murky. I'm still not sure how to count them accurately. Which is problemmatic with the less-than-huge pot.

I think I like a check-fold on the river, too--he was very passive. And I had a very tight image at that time.

If I had been popped with a raise on the turn, then what? Fold, call one? Or does it depend on where it comes from?