Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 01:57 AM

Default is this a mandatory fold ( party 5/10 )

no read on the villian

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (6.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 10-30-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: is this a mandatory fold ( party 5/10 )

Sure you have a flush draw, but do you really feel comfortable drawing here when you may have no outs? I'd fold too.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:03 AM

my only reservation is that he could be taking a shot at it with AK, although i think AQ is more likely. i could have checked through but then he's mandatory betting and i'd feel lost on wether i should call or not.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my only reservation is that he could be taking a shot at it with AK, although i think AQ is more likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get yourself into trouble thinking like this at party 5/10.

While it's good to think about what your opponent could have, saying to yourself "I'm probably beat but he could have AK and be taking a shot so I'll call down" is generally not a good philosophy unless you have a specific read/pot is absolutely huge.

You played it well.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:08 AM

Reads are very important. They make the turn a lot easier to play.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:14 AM

Everytime during when i am playing 5/10, and i think he might be making a move, but he is probably not, i always let that "dont be bluffed" thoughts win, and i call down he flips AQ or something and i think, "i am an idiot" but yet it happens again.

You really have to be thinking, i am calling you down because you are a muppet, or i am folding because i am beat, no maybes or could be's
Old 10-30-2005, 04:38 AM

I was going to recommend a call, but then it occurred to me that a slowplayed JJ will contain a club two-thirds of the time.

When Villain has AQ, I wonder how often that ace will be a club. (The ace of clubs might be the thing that emboldens Villain to checkraise his TPTK versus a preflop 3-bettor.)

A trickily played AA/KK will have a club half of the time. QQ never will, but you'd think Villain would be a little more aggressive with that. Did Villain check-call A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Jx on the flop and then decide to checkraise once he picked up a flush draw? It's a thought.

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Kx is possible, but does Villain really think you're folding very often here? He shouldn't (especially if he doesn't have a read on you either).

There aren't all that many flush combos we should expect to see here, but there are a few, and we're drawing dead against any standard preflop raising hands that do now have a flush.

What I'd probably really do is call and chase a flush, but I think the fold is okay.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 AM

I'm calling unless I have a good read not to.

If I hit a T or a club I'm calling a bet, or betting when checked to.

If I don't hit a T or a club, I'm folding the river.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:57 AM

why not check this turn?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Normally just fold unless your up against some crazy lag that is one of those guys that loves to check-raise bluff scare cards on the turn. Also if the opponent was very aggressive I might think about checking the turn and call a river bet.