Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 10:41 AM

Default An Astros Fan Tips His Cap...

I just wanted to say congrats to the White Sox and their fans. You were clearly the better team. I honestly believe that we were out of gas after the Cardinals series...certainly, this was true for the Artist Formerly Known as Brad Lidge, who really wasn't the same after the Pujols home run.

That said, I am not taking anything away from you guys. You deserved to win, and by and large, you are a classy organization with terrific fans(except for that yahoo who slapped Patty Biggio, but frankly, I loved Ozzie Guillen's reaction). Enjoy yourselves today, this weekend, and the rest of the year.

We'll see you in 2006.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: An Astros Fan Tips His Cap...

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say congrats to the White Sox and their fans. You were clearly the better team. I honestly believe that we were out of gas after the Cardinals series...certainly, this was true for the Artist Formerly Known as Brad Lidge, who really wasn't the same after the Pujols home run.

That said, I am not taking anything away from you guys. You deserved to win, and by and large, you are a classy organization with terrific fans(except for that yahoo who slapped Patty Biggio, but frankly, I loved Ozzie Guillen's reaction). Enjoy yourselves today, this weekend, and the rest of the year.

We'll see you in 2006.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you sir. Congratulations to the Astros and their fans as well on a terrific year. Unfortunately people will look back at this series and see the results as a 4 game sweep and have absolutely no concept as to how close it really was. Every game was hard-fought and, while nerve-wracking, extremely fun to watch.

As far as the Patty Biggio incident, the details are sketchy there and I don't know what happened, but there's no place for such an incident or the nonsense that lead up to it in such a setting. Douche bags like that and the idiots that were running on the field a few years ago give Chicago fans a bad name. I hate that things like that could possibly dampen what should be an extremely proud period in Chicago sports.

Any way, great series, congrats to the Astros fans on a great year, and good luck in '06.