Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Crazy Prop Bets made by Poker Players?

Does anyone know any good ones? I find this very interesting. Saw that Tuan Le lost every prop bet he made with Ted Forrest. Surprised that Tuan can't beat him in a 100 meter dash. Anyone know any other good ones?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Crazy Prop Bets made by Poker Players?

Not sure if this fits your description but in my poker game for awhile I let one guy take bets paying 70-1 if the player had 2 suited cards in their hand (any game) and the flop came out with a flush of that suit. It got so crazy, I had to put a stop to it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this fits your description but in my poker game for awhile I let one guy take bets paying 70-1 if the player had 2 suited cards in their hand (any game) and the flop came out with a flush of that suit. It got so crazy, I had to put a stop to it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without a very large bankroll, that would be a very dangerous bet to be offering just one person... What did you cap the bet size at, $5? Sure you've got a large advantage, but if they hit on a big bet...
Old 10-31-2005, 09:14 PM

Max bet was $5, so payed $350 if it hit, usually the players would just throw a dollar chip over to the guy taking the action (he is a bookie and knows his math, he took a lot of money out of that game because of those bets) but it got so distracting all those chips flying over the table before the deal, then he starting arranging them in front of him is order of seat placement and we sat 10 so he'd have 9 little stacks of $1 or $2 all in order representing each persons bet. If we were playing Omaha and the player had 2 suits, he'd have to say "2 suits". It was fun for a while until as I said, it got out of hand. There were days when some of the people coming to play who had no interest in that sidebet were getting frustrated at the time it took to get the sidebets down when they were there to play poker only. He was NOT very happy with me when I said "no more".

I do think a little side bet between 2 or 3 people at the table is fine, I've allowed it, even participated. For instance, we each put up a nickel chip and whoever stays in hand the longest gets the chip. If both are still in at the river the player with the best hand of the 2 gets the chip. If the guy I am in the sidebet with folds his hand while I am still in the hand, I get the chip, you see what I mean....

Another side bet : First card dealt on the flop is higher or lower than a 7 and if it's a 7, it's a "no bet"

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:20 PM

Party has influenced one game in which I play. One player takes either a black flop or red flop against another player. The loser pays 1:1 if the flop is mostly the winners colour (ie winner called red, and two red cards hit the flop) and pays 2:1 if the flop is entirely the winners colour. Chips are constantly flying around the table; it really gets the action going.

I've started betting one guy on the best Holdem Challenge hands out of a set of three starting cards.