Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:25 PM

Default New to 2 + 2 Questions about PL OMAHA shortstack late in tournaments

While on a shortstack in PL OMAHA a game in which i have taught myself, I would like to know if it is ok to limp in the area of 5-10BBS, or is raising always the better option. It is difficult adjusting from Holdem to Omaha so any advice on how you few omaha regulars adjust would be appreciated
Old 10-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: New to 2 + 2 Questions about PL OMAHA shortstack late in tournaments

In late position, with a couple limpers but not enough that you can get your whole stack in preflop, with a hand that can make the nuts or a great draw to the nuts fairly easily but is weak headsup, you can. Hands like A987 suited or a medium wrap. Bear in mind that opponents stack sizes are very very very important when making preflop short stack decisions. If limpers in front of you have short stacks, and limp fold a lot, you can raise in that kind of spot, but only if any big stacks behind you are passive. Also, limping with 5BB is bad, I'm talking more like 8-10.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: New to 2 + 2 Questions about PL OMAHA shortstack late in tournaments

It is more reasonable to limp with a short stack in PLO than NLHE because it is pot limit and you can't push. Also things chnge more on the flop than in holdem.

I usually play really tight in PLO with a short stack and wait for a big hand such as AAxx, KKxx, or a double suited rundown or something and raise pot with the intention of pushing any flop. Either that or I will push at multiple limpers with a strong hand but not a huge hand, hoping to get heads up with pot odds.

If you limp, you are looking to raise pot on the flop, although you should get away from some flop situations.