Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:14 PM

Default playing like the pros

Watching and reading about professional poker players makes me question the reality of their poker careers. When I watch poker on TV I realize that that the footage is editted for time and entertainment value. Are the professional's careers also editted in this manner? What I'm asking is that how many times does a great player lose only to win one huge tournament that happens to be on TV? What makes a pro satisfied with his results for the day? week? or month? The concept of ROI comes to mind when I'm asking myself this question, but +ROI alone isn't enough to feed the family. What does a successful tournament player consider a "good" month?
For example: if he plays in 100 MTTs a week how many of them should he place ITM or win in order to be successful for this term? I've heard people say that 2 final tables out of 100 MTTs is commendable...what do you think? I understand that this subject is completely subjective as one's perspective on doing "well" varies from person to person. Let me know what you consider a "successful" term.