Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Good spot to lead?

Preflop raiser seems pretty tight but that's only from 3 orbits. The only hand I noticed him much in that time was when he called my SB open in the BB, then raised me on a ragged flop and I folded. This is kind of a delayed squeeze play as the preflop raiser can't make a move without a hand due to the guy behind him.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($227.10)
SB ($322)
Hero ($206.40)
UTG ($205.05)
MP ($92.05)
CO ($90.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($19) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>
Old 10-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Good spot to lead?

I might have c/r here, try to pick off the tighties cont. bet/ "value bet". More outs here than I can count in my sick state. Then again, a tightie probably has a set or an overpair, so I guess you know his real strength if hes leading the flop. 3 bet all in semi-bluff here I doubt is getting him off his hand, so probably just call and see the turn. If it is favorable then hit it hard, if not c/f here. If the board pairs or an Ace hits I think you are done.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Good spot to lead?

I like it. Are you 3betting if raised?

I think we're happy to take it down here, and if we hit, we're much more likely to get paid off than if we c/c the flop. I don't see the advantage of a c/r over a 3bet.