Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Hands I could use some help on.........

1. Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

2. Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

3. Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

4. Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Hands I could use some help on.........

Hand 1: I hate the turn fold. Too many draws on that board that BB could be betting. Against some players I will raise that turn and check behind on the river. Against others I will just call down. I'm never folding this unless the BB is ultrapassive.

Hand 2: Reads would be very nice here. The pot is huge and I'm not sure where I could fold this.

Hand 3: Bet the turn. You have the SB beat 98% of the time and the button is unlikely to have coldcalled preflop with a 7. If raised on the turn by the button then you can probably fold if you read him as passive. Against an unknown you have to call down.

Hand 4: Perfect.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 PM

I just wanted to add that you need to add reads to your posts. SH play is often not ABC poker. Because you aren't posting reads on these hands, I assume that you aren't thinking about what kinds of players you are up against. You will not be able to play good SH poker unless you start interpreting an opponent's play based on his style.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 PM

hands 1 and 2 are tough situations to be in. i really dont know how 1/2 plays so i dont know how often big street aggression is a bluff attempt or for value. however, i would say that folding the turn is a mistake. there are alot of draws out there so its quite possible youre still ahead. getting almost 8:1 you have plenty of odds to chase your 5 outter. id call the turn and take it to showdown.

in hand 2 i think raising the turn is a mistake. SB 3bet you preflop and is still betting into you so this guy should at least have a king. KJ is really unlikely so youre probably looking at AK. with MP calling 2 on the flop and 3betting the turn he certainly has you beat and i think youre going to see a set far more often than not. SB almost certainly has a better king if not KQ so youre drawing to 3 outs if youre lucky. id fold it.

in hand 3 you need to bet this turn for value big time. its a capped pot. there is no reason to assume youre behind. your hand is almost certainly ahead at this point. after youve checked the turn you should be checkraising. your hand is that strong.

in hand 4 you played it perfectly but an arguement could be made for just calling the flop 3bet. it depends on the tendencies of the villain.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:15 PM

Hand 1 I would probably raise the flop b/c of the flushdraw and straight draw out there. Overcards aren't a concern though, I think you can catch them on worse queens/draws, or 5-out a king combined often enough to call it down on the turn.

Hand 2, not sure I like the turn raise. If MP is slapping with a FD, he was calling anyway if you raise, so failing to raise won't lose the pot for you. But SB has shown alot of power. I think saving the possible 3-bet form SB is worth missing a raise the times SB has JJ and MP has hearts.