Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Bottom Two from SB 1/2 6 Max

Posting this hand from memory. Villian is a 2p2'er I think. Effective stacks are about 200.

UTG limps, Villian limps in the hijack, SB completes, I check in the BB with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Pot is 8.

Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check, UTG checks, Villian makes it 8. I check raise to 24. Villian flat calls. Almost 60 in the pot.

Sometimes I'll lead into this pot, but I figured I'd check raise and try to take down the pot uncontested.

Turn is a J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero ?

I'll post what I did and what my thinking was later.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Bottom Two from SB 1/2 6 Max

CR will effectively put you in, I think you really need to lead this turn, why?

Because it extracts value from lesser hands (lesser hands check through here) and also gives you information, if he raises, I think you can safely fold here.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:45 AM

What is my play on the river if flat called on the turn? There are a lot of cards I wouldn't want to see.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 AM

Check-call a reasonable bet. Obviously if a scary card comes and he pushes, I think its wise to fold here.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:34 AM

What's a reasonable bet to check/call? There would be about 130 in the pot and I've got about 120 behind if I lead the turn for 40 and he flat calls. That's not even a pot sized bet on the river.

For some reason I got a strange feeling about this hand. He's got to know that I could have any 2 from the BB and I showed strength with the flop c/r. He's got to put me on a bad two pair or pretty strong ace.

I would include 1010 in his hand range as well as 22 and 33 (albeit far less likely because I hold one of each). Also, I wouldn't rule out A10 or even (at the time) J10.

I guess I viewed this as WA/WB and I wanted a cheap showdown so I checked. I felt that I would be lost on the river if he flat called a turn lead of 40 and be put in a really tough spot.

In hindsight, I think leading for 40 is the best play. As everyone said, if I get raised, I can probably get away from the hand. I even don't mind the turn c/r because now I think I'm WA more often than I'm WB.

In the end, I out thought myself on this one. He bets 40 and I'm scared of my own shadow and fold.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's got to know that I could have any 2 from the BB and I showed strength with the flop c/r. He's got to put me on a bad two pair or pretty strong ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I don't like a flop checkraise
Old 10-25-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In hindsight, I think leading for 40 is the best play. As everyone said, if I get raised, I can probably get away from the hand. I even don't mind the turn c/r because now I think I'm WA more often than I'm WB.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are calling your turn CR?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:11 AM

Leads for about $40.

Dumle
Old 10-25-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I'll lead into this pot, but I figured I'd check raise and try to take down the pot uncontested.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you need bottom two for this why?