Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Don\'t people have to work (or have class)

The deep stack tournament looks fun, but my Lord - the first weekday tournament finished at 7:03 am! I'm central time, so that would make it 6:03 when I have class (I'm in Law School) at 8 am. Sure, the $7,000 for first would make up for the lack of sleep, but how about playing till 4:00 am and only making $100 (19th-27th place)

How about for the weekday tournaments they make it so people start with 2500 chips and 30 minute levels, I think that would allow for enough play and still allow the tournament to end at a reasonable time. Right now, these tournaments are unplayable for me, and I'm sure for most of us as well.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Don\'t people have to work (or have class)

I'm a grad student, so I would theoretically have the same problem if I weren't such an enormous slacker.

(In reality, after I'm done with schoolwork, I usually just sit around my apartment thinking about playing poker but instead goofing off on the internet, much like I'm doing now at my actual desk. I'm too tired to play well when I get home anyway, so whatever.)
Old 10-25-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Don\'t people have to work (or have class)

You should just be happy that you don't live in Europe. For me, Party Super Weekdays starts at 3 AM and finishes about 2-3 hours after I start work so I simply can't play them. For the Friday Special and $200K Saturday Guaranteed, I have to get up at 4 AM on a workfree day when I'd rather prefer to sleep. The only playable big weekly tourney is the 500K (or 750K) Guaranteed which starts at 10.30 PM and even then, to reach ITM, I have to play until 4 AM. That gives me about 3 hours sleep before starting work on a monday morning. Party mustn't like Europeans in their tourneys...