Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Weird spot Live 1/2 QQ

Im SB w/ around 345. Villian is on the button with about 375. We are the big stacks at the table.

3 limps, Villian makes it 15 to go, I call in SB with QQ. MP2 calls. Pre-flop I figured a re-raise would define my hand too well and I could find a good flop to steal from AK, AQ, etc.

Reads are on villian are that is a solid raiser but makes a lot of loose calls, calling 2/3 pot bets with gut shots and bottom pair etc.

Flop, 46 in the pot, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Mp2 checks, Villian bets 45, Hero check-raises to 90, Mp2 folds, Villian pushes, Hero...?????

I check-raised because I felt that he would only push with AA or KK but fold AK or AQ. After I check-raised Villian hit the table and said loudly that I had nothing on the flop then pushed, I turned my hand face up and hero squirmed a bit than checked his hole cards again...
Old 10-25-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Weird spot Live 1/2 QQ

re-raise pf, lead flop, fold to a raise.