Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Default I almost hit a deer going 75

Just got back from the grocery store, happened on my way there. I live in the country and was flying down a long straight road about 75 mph and a ficken huge 12 point buck jumped out in front of me. I hit the brake and swerve to the right to avoid it. I hit the shoulder of the road and quickly fling the wheel to the left. My car almost flips over and I jerk the wheel back again to the right. I almost go off the road and pull the car left again. A couple more juggles and I have the car back on the road and in control.

Needless to say I picked up a twelve pack I wasn't planning on getting. I think I'll take the night off hang out with my beer and of course all you fellow OOTiots. I still have an adreneline buzz. Whoooooooo!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: I almost hit a deer going 75

Shoulda hit the dear, ate it, and shared the 12 pack.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoulda hit the dear, ate it, and shared the 12 pack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget about mounting the rack.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:29 PM

You're supposed to go ahead and hit the thing, but a big animal like that might've come through the windshield and killed you anyway. So, nice work with the surviving there, guy.

What kind of beer?
Old 10-24-2005, 08:39 PM

This is the deer mating season, so there on the make fro some tail and not concentrating on the road. A guy at work was saying some stretch of road he was on had a dead deer every couple miles for like 200 miles. Hard to believe, but that's what he claims.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost hit a deer going 75

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fast deer!

~D
Old 10-24-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from the grocery store, happened on my way there. I live in the country and was flying down a long straight road about 75 mph and a ficken huge 12 point buck jumped out in front of me. I hit the brake and swerve to the right to avoid it. I hit the shoulder of the road and quickly fling the wheel to the left. My car almost flips over and I jerk the wheel back again to the right. I almost go off the road and pull the car left again. A couple more juggles and I have the car back on the road and in control.

Needless to say I picked up a twelve pack I wasn't planning on getting. I think I'll take the night off hang out with my beer and of course all you fellow OOTiots. I still have an adreneline buzz. Whoooooooo!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, 12pt....I'm probably saying 10pt tops

on a related note, a buddy and I were driving out in the country one time and it has just gotten dark outside as we left to head for home. On the way home as we are conversing over trivial matters my buddy realizes(he is driving) that we are about to hit a cow,OMGWTF sonuvaAHHHHHH, as he swerves into the other lane and narrowly avoids hitting the cow, needless to say we were very shook up.

I would rate these kinds of things as semi-traumatic experiences that affect you very deeply at the time, but not over the long run
Old 10-24-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're supposed to go ahead and hit the thing, but a big animal like that might've come through the windshield and killed you anyway. So, nice work with the surviving there, guy.

What kind of beer?

[/ QUOTE ]

That deer was tall enough that it definetly would have gone through the windshield and I would have 12 holes in me right now.

6 pack of Becks and 6 pack of Fosters.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm, 12pt....I'm probably saying 10pt tops

on a related note, a buddy and I were driving out in the country one time and it has just gotten dark outside as we left to head for home. On the way home as we are conversing over trivial matters my buddy realizes(he is driving) that we are about to hit a cow,OMGWTF sonuvaAHHHHHH, as he swerves into the other lane and narrowly avoids hitting the cow, needless to say we were very shook up.

I would rate these kinds of things as semi-traumatic experiences that affect you very deeply at the time, but not over the long run

[/ QUOTE ]

I was definetly a 12 pointer, it was the biggest deer I've ever seen.

I live in northern Wisconsin. There are more deer up here than in any other part of the country I've heard. With all the cornfields they get big as well. That said, I'm used to it. It's a common occurence around here. It wasn't traumatic but kind of fun. There's nothing better than a near miss fatal accident.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:23 PM

I have a similar story

I was on I64 (in VA) driving home for Thanksgiving a few years ago at 11pm on Wed. The road was completely empty. I'm going 90...decide I'm going to fast...slow down to 80. A mile later there is a deer in the left lane. I swerve, miss the deer.

At this point the whole thing slows down. I look out my window (turn my head 90 degrees left) and see the road coming at me as if I'm looking out my windshield. Now everything goes black (I later deduce that this is when I'm looking at the sky because my car is in midroll)....next thing I know I hear LOUD ass banging. I close my eyes. A little while later after the banging stops I open my eyes and punch what I'm looking at. I'm looking at the ceiling. Then I think, "Why am I looking at the ceiling.....oh [censored]...I'm upsidedown." I take off my seatbelt. Fall to the roof of my car. And then .... I try to turn off the radio, which was still on. Once I get the radio off I crawl out of the driverside window, which conviently disappeared.

I get out of the car. It is obieterated. No window is in tack. No piece of metal isn't mangled bad. The wheels are bent in at 45 degree angles (cars don't like going 60/70 mph perpendicular to the direction the tires spin).

I however, have a slight bruise from my lapbelt. There is also a pretty big gash on my leg that I didn't notice for about 20 minutes. The gash was 1/4 inch deep, but it didn't hurt at all because I was on an adrenaline high.

Best part is, the deer got hit by the pickup behind me and died.

I have always worn my seatbelt, but now I think they are awesome.

I'm glad you kept control of your car, And I'm glad no one was hurt

P.S. were your seat belt, it +EV