Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Bad day or victim?

I have been reading many books and playing lot's of hands on a poker website. After initially losing money by not following the guidelines in the books I started to make a modest profit.
Last night I lost a decent percentage and couldn't help thinking for hours afterwards that the whole of the session that I played seemed, let's say "strange". I accept that I may have had a genuine losing day with bad beats etc, but something definitely seemed at odds with the way I played.
Today, as I scanned the bulletin boards and researched further on the web I discovered the proliferation of poker software that is available to keep track of my game and other people's too, e.g. Poker Tracker et al.
I would like the opinion of you more seasoned players out there. Did I have a bad day and I should just shut up moaning and accept it, or was I possibly a victim of other "players" using this software to track my hands and style?
Is the software very intelligent or will a good player ultimately beat anyone with such software aids?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Bad day or victim?

Pokertracker doesn't "cheat". It's a tracking tool that helps players track their own hands. It also gives them percentages on what percentages of hands you play etc by recording this data for hands you play against a player using it. However it's not "intelligent" software as you put it. It gives no unfair advantage. In fact you ask if it allows opponents to track your hands and style. the only hands it allows opponents to track are hands you show down so if you don't show down crap hands your opponents won't attack you.

Good luck,
Matt
Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Default deleted

nevermind
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM

Don't worry. Very few, if any, players use extra 'software' at the $0.15/$0.30 stakes.

Adam
Old 10-25-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been reading many books and playing lot's of hands on a poker website. After initially losing money by not following the guidelines in the books I started to make a modest profit.
Last night I lost a decent percentage and couldn't help thinking for hours afterwards that the whole of the session that I played seemed, let's say "strange". I accept that I may have had a genuine losing day with bad beats etc, but something definitely seemed at odds with the way I played.
Today, as I scanned the bulletin boards and researched further on the web I discovered the proliferation of poker software that is available to keep track of my game and other people's too, e.g. Poker Tracker et al.
I would like the opinion of you more seasoned players out there. Did I have a bad day and I should just shut up moaning and accept it, or was I possibly a victim of other "players" using this software to track my hands and style?
Is the software very intelligent or will a good player ultimately beat anyone with such software aids?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason your session was 'strange' is because online poker is rigged.

Get out while you can.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:28 AM

Play party BJ it isn't rigged like poker
Old 10-25-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason your session was 'strange' is because online poker is rigged.

Get out while you can.

[/ QUOTE ]
But leave your money on the table when you go.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Don't listen to these guys.

Search the forums for the Pattern Mapper software
and you'll be on a level playing field! Also...at the
higher limits people will fold and respect your raises;
you should definately try some of those games!

-ZEN