Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM

Default I\'m weak, scared, and i have bottom set.

I have no read on UTG +1 and he had it on bet/raise any for the whole hand. Since the board was so raggedy I couldn't put him on much besides two pr or the overset. I would never play a set on this board like this but I just couldn't shake the feeling that i was beat. Far too weak isn't it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero (poster) calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: I\'m weak, scared, and i have bottom set.

I would have bet the turn then probably called a raise. Can we call that river raise is the real question...
Old 10-22-2005, 07:52 PM

I'm giving SB credit for AJ before i give him credit for a hand that beats me.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Then why'd you just call?
Old 10-22-2005, 07:59 PM

i agree with betting the turn, AJ/JJ seem to be implied.
Trouble is, Im not sure what i do when i get raised [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and here.. the river decision is tough, I guess you have to call as they could be on a two pair but flush/set smell now.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:23 PM

We are talking about risking two bets to win 21. With the way UTG+1 has played this hand I am not giving him credit for the flush. We are probably beat but it may just surprise you so it is worth the call.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:25 PM

By the way, I am probably betting the turn and hoping UTG+1 raises. This action means SB may fold. We want to limit the field when there are re-draws against us.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Of course UTG+1 doesn't have the flush. But SB probably does. He's completely passive throught the hand until the river hits, then he raises...

Just seems like some [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hand that he raised...why else is SB hanging around after he checks a hand on a flop he raised with PF? I'd probably call here too, but I'm just wondering if that's a good idea here, especially with the possibility that it's getting raised and potentially capped behind us after we call.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are talking about risking two bets to win 21. With the way UTG+1 has played this hand I am not giving him credit for the flush. We are probably beat but it may just surprise you so it is worth the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB, not utg.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:44 PM

*grunch*

First of all. You posted in UTG. WT...?

PF and flop are good. SB not betting made your decision easy.

On the turn, I'm wondering what SB is up to. I'm inclined to bet, hope UTG+1 raises and see what he does in the face of two cold.
The check is fine, but I would have check raised and if 3 bet called down.

SB waking up on the river licks balls and to be honest I don't know what to do.
I can't see me folding a set here but the fear of this river being capped is a real possibility. Even when it is I'm still getting ~6:1.

I think I'm calling with tears in my eyes.