Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:09 AM

Default AQs

I'm a forum hog + I love getting flamed.

HU is this turn really bad?

I figured, my PFR and CB didn't phase him. He either has an Ax or a draw. Either way he should bet this turn when checked to.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Flame away.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: AQs

turn looks good to me, did you think he made a boat on the river?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:27 AM

bet this turn - bet bet bet bet bet!

river is nice though - tough luck against a7
Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 AM

are you sure you'll get 2 bets out of CO if you bet the turn? i don't see what's wrong with inducing his bet to C/R.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:03 AM

*grunch*

preface: I am still not very good at evaluating turn c/r's on a made hand (e.g. nut flush).

The check on the turn seems harmless enough in that he did what you thought he would do and bet into your check thus ensuring you got in a bet here. (assuming you checked fearing that if you led, he would fold, and you would miss out on additional bets with your monster - I just opened for flames here myself ). I would probably bet based on my preface - I am not sophisticated enough to c/r here yet.

I think I would play the river the same but I am concerned (not afraid) of the 7's on the board. I am interested to see if someone with more experience would say slow up here, (obviously we are not folding though.)
Old 10-20-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you sure you'll get 2 bets out of CO if you bet the turn? i don't see what's wrong with inducing his bet to C/R.

[/ QUOTE ]

Him Checking through.

You not getting the Turn Capped when he decides to slowplay A7.

BTW villian knows what you have on the river. You made it brutally obvious when you check-raised him on the turn. Just call his river raise when the board pairs and pray he is dumb.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:25 AM

that all depends on what CO has though, which is what i'm trying to narrow down. as well as his style. if CO is a LAG postflop for example a check is a good idea.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that all depends on what CO has though, which is what i'm trying to narrow down. as well as his style. if CO is a LAG postflop for example a check is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does checking to anybody on that board, ESPECIALLY a LAG narrow down his holdings in any way?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone that's not an idiot folds to a turn c/r here - even idiots don't call a c/r a lot of the time with merely ok showdown hands, but will call turn and call river

a large percentage of the time villain checks hands through on the turn that he'd call a bet with (which is brutal if we check)

if you bet you still have a wide range of hands in villain's eyes, and it gives villain the chance to raise you with a hand that you slaughter.

if he has nothing he's almost certainly giving up on the turn, neither calling a bet nor bluffing

checking the turn is suboptimal in my opinion
Old 10-20-2005, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if CO is a LAG he will raise the turn scare card a high percentage of the time, allowing us to 3-bet