Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 09:43 PM

Default AA

Villain is 59/9/1.5 after about 100 hands

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="green"> Hero ? </font>
Old 10-19-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: AA

(grunch)
I would probably call down and check/call the river. Not necessarily giving him credit for a hand, but a maniac can dealt a good hand occasionally, too. I might bet the river if the board paired.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:48 PM

I think I call, then check call on the river, at this point. We've only got one pair, and UTG is betting like he's got better than that. By the turn he could have a set of queens or kings, or even nines.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:50 PM

I'm not sure if this will work, but let's think of a range for villain. The 9 PFR is pretty reasonable, and the 1.5 postflop aggression could mean a lot of things, but is pretty high considering his VP$IP. With that in mind..

Preflop: His 3-bet means AA-TT, AK, maybe KQs and AQs
Flop: The raise doesn't really narrow that down at all, but the cap pretty much gets us to AA-QQ and maybe AQs/KQs.
Turn: Of those hands we've seen, we're now ahead of one: AQs. Yuck.

I check/call the turn and spike an A.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 PM

Looking at it. I have to agree on the the turn call.

But he was very aggressive with any pair. So I dug deep found another spew...I mean raise.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (16.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green"> Hero ? </font>
Old 10-19-2005, 10:00 PM

I like the 3-bet on the flop, but his cap is scary. 1.5 suggests I'm behind. I would probably have check-called the turn and river, but a better play might have been to check-fold the turn. The king and your bet on the turn haven't phased him. I think you can lay this down.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:00 PM

After the preflop 3-bet and flop cap, I think a good range for the villain is AA-QQ, and *maybe* AK.

On the turn, the only combos you beat are AK and tie with the other AA. I think another possibility might even be JTs, depending on your read.

Given the size of the pot (crucial here), you _must_ call down, but get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Check-call turn and river.

Edit: More thinking ... you are ahead of 8 AK combos, tie with the other AA, and are behind the 3 combos each of QQ and KK. That puts you, say, 8.5-to-6. So I would say if the villain is really aggressive *and* stupid, you could cap each street and come out a winner in the long run. But I think most people would start slowing down without a set here, so you probably would get much more action from hands that have you beat than hands that you beat.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM

After the turn raise, I'm calling down. Apparently the maniac has a good hand (they do get them sometimes), and if not, then you have a nice pot. I don't want to put in anymore extra money in case of the former.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:23 PM

I check call the turn, but only because the King falls and removes the one hand we realistically beat that would play like this.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check call the turn, but only because the King falls and removes the one hand we realistically beat that would play like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said