Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Clarify Jen Harman Bad beat @ wsop

Zeidman river's the straight flush vs Jen Harman's queens full. Harman puts Zeidman allin on the river (*Zeidman said all-in instead of call which confused people). Basically, Zeidman slowrolls Harman by pretending to ponder the decision and then saying he might go sightseeing now. ESPN may have cut down some of the time that he was slowrolling through editing.

Zeidman was wrong and Harman had a right to be upset. She may have let it get to her more than she should have, but if you put yourself in her position I'm sure many people would have reacted far worse. The pot was also HUGE and losing the pot left her with a shortstack. She really didn't tilt off the rest of her chips. Her final hand she had 1500 total which isn't much to work with. I think she had about 3k left when she lost the pot. Also, note that Zeidman had been at 2 wsop final tables before, so he should know better than to slowroll. It was extremely rude and unethical. Any poker player that's not a novice should know better.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Clarify Jen Harman Bad beat @ wsop

Honestly I think he was in such shock from the river that he didn't realize she had already put him all-in, which is why he said it himself after making his speech. He was trying to get her to call his all-in.

He also explained to her, while apologizing, that his speech is something he was thinking about at the turn and it accidentally carried over to the river, where it was no longer necessary.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I think he was in such shock from the river that he didn't realize she had already put him all-in, which is why he said it himself after making his speech. He was trying to get her to call his all-in.

He also explained to her, while apologizing, that his speech is something he was thinking about at the turn and it accidentally carried over to the river, where it was no longer necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree. He was overwhelmed and wasn't sure if she had put him all-in or not.

The really perplexing thing about this hand to me is not speech at the river but this guy's speech on the turn. I can see talking about your hand if you are on the river contemplating a call, or if someone is all-in and you're contemplating a call (a la Negraenu) but with river action still to come basically telling your opponent what you have on the turn seems very, very stupid to me. That was mindboggling.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:06 PM

I agree, I feel that it was just an honest mistake.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:20 PM

It was rude, but unethical???
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 PM

it would only be unethical if it was done intentionally...rude doesn't need intent.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:37 AM

This is the 1st it's been discussed here, what exactly happened [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 AM

Ok his slowroll lasted 2 seconds.

He leaned back, probably because he was anxious/excited he was about to be all in in a tournament, that's gotta be an adrenaline rush.

The only questionable part in my mind was him saying "i guess if i lose i can go sightseeing"

his defense to that was somethign like "it was what i planned on saying on the turn, whoops"

--

Really not a big deal, put yourself in Zeidmans shoes, one of the best poker players in the world has been betting into you the whole time you just hit a 1 outer, and she's putting you all in.

You're not going to react instantly, it's a rush of emotions.

On that same token i can understand Jenn getting up and walking away.

But her coming back and then still bitching about it, was when i thought she became a bitch.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:01 AM

I originally thought he might have misread his hand, but on the river he was definately behaving like a man in shock. I think the 'shopping' comment was inappropriate but unintentional. His head must have been spinning.

Gary
Old 10-18-2005, 09:07 AM

did she make her fullhouse on the turn?