Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Going bezerk with 1 pair...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises $38 (All-In)</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

What do we think. I think this is the most money I've put in with just one pair in a long time. My flop 3-bet is part of my standard line against a protection style (clears the field) cr. Starting with the first turn raise, I'm going into unknown territory. (My standard line would be to call down)

Krishan
Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Going bezerk with 1 pair...

I like it given that he was almost all in. If not for that I think it would be too much.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 PM

Looks good to me, althought you are probably beat by the small blind. The plus is you can now begin charging the BB who appears to be on a flush draw.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:09 PM

I like it beacuse you beat BB.
Did you plan to check-call a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it beacuse you beat BB.
Did you plan to check-call a river [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He acts after BB.
I would definitely bet if checked to.
I like how OP played this.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it given that he was almost all in. If not for that I think it would be too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too much. I'm not sure I get enough value from going 4 bets on the turn since I'm likely behind the SB. I essentially get 1 bet back from the cap. (But even that isn't a full bet since his draw comes in sometimes. I think if Villian was all in after the first bet it would definitely be good but as is I'm not sure.

There is also a chance that I'm ahead which might give enough overlay to make going 4 on the turn +EV.

Krishan