Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 06:14 PM

Default How to play a really bad player? loosen up?

Currently sat at a 100NL 5max on paradise. To my left is a guy who is probably the loosest player i have EVER seen in online poker. Ive seen him fold perhaps 5 or 6 times in 100 hands and will call almost any raises preflop.

Saw him call a raise and reraise to 12xbb with 86o. He has however been getting paid with his bigger hands because people are getting attached to their TPTK type hands.

How do you suggest i play against a player that i believe is just either pure tilting or has too much money for sense.

Do i raise his blinds less liberally with Ace high type hands or raise only with the goods knowing im getting called almost every time. What about suited connectors? Am i wanting to play these against him?

I know i should be really happy he is on my table (which i am) but his looseness is somewhat weirding me out.

Ric.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: How to play a really bad player? loosen up?

Hope you get a nice hand soon and then BANG.

Depending on if it's not to much preflop-raises you can loosen up some, to see more flops and get some more chanses to get your hand.

/Pug
Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: How to play a really bad player? loosen up?

I agree, but we could use more info on his postflop play. Lets assume he overcalls his hands postflop like most people who play like this do. I'm loosening up a lot and trying to get in as many cheap flops as possible. My PFR is going way down, but when I do get a premium hand Im coming in for a big raise.

Now if he happens to be one of those people who just likes to goto the flop but only continues with good hands/draws it obviously changes. Now Im raising a lot preflop. Then I'm attacking the flop and putting on the brakes if he hangs around.