Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Default A button limp with aggro SB

Stars 11 r blinds 200/400
My stack 20K sb 27K
3 orbits ago I was folded to on button, raised 3xBB AQos
Sb instaraises 1,5 xpot I called- Sb pushed on a K high 2 suited flopp, I held no part of flopp and folded-he flashed 2-4 os

In this orbit mp limps I am on button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],limp Sb raises it to 2500, I was pretty sure he was making moves to often and called, Bb and Mp folded.
Flopp K,8,4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Sb bets pot
Action?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: A button limp with aggro SB

I don't like your smooth call of 2500 preflop here. You're commiting more than 10% of your already dwindling stack on a hand that you generally are playing for set value. The implied odds for set value aren't there to smooth call a raise for 2500. This is a push/fold situation preflop in my opinion - and with your read on the SB I might be inclined to push here as you have decent fold equity with a push.

Seeing that you called his preflop raise and he came out firing what hand ranges can you put him on? You're behind to a great deal of hands in his range and only drawing to 2 outs if villain holds a single K, an 8 or any PP higher than 77. You don't have a stack big enough to put in a bluff raise here. Any raise would put you in far enough that a push would be the more correct play, and I don't think a push is winning here often enough to make it a +EV move. Calling will commit nearly 20% of your remaining stack. Hero folds.

I know this is a pretty wide range, but your read on the SB would probably allow this type of wide range. You are losing way too often here.

315,810 games 0.047 secs 6,719,361 games/sec

Board: Ks 8s 4s
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 85.4398 % 83.58% 01.86% { 22+, AKs, A8s, K2s+, Q8s, J8s, T8s, 98s, 82s+, AKo, A8o, K2o+, Q8o, J8o, T8o, 98o, 82o+ }
Hand 2: 14.5602 % 12.70% 01.86% { 7d7h }
Old 10-19-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: A button limp with aggro SB

This is my thought to. What is interesting is that it was great play by my opponent, In retro I should have raised healthy/pushed Pf, I have played my low pp for set values when rel.comfortably stacked, but need to reconsider when my read on villain is as above.On this occasion I felt pretty certain he is able to make his move with air, and he played his postflopps well.I was ready to push any bet postflopp on a not to scary flopp. I will put the gas on more often, but looking at his play-I need to find the hearth to play my opponents like this. It doesnt always take a good hand to punish the limpers!