Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Paradise & PT, a retched marriage

I'm so used to real-time stats updates that I get with Party & Crypto, I can't take it! I am using the e-mail HH function on Paradise, and have PT checking pop3 e-mail every X minutes. It seems so tedious. On top of that, the e-mails from Paradise don't arrive for a long time, and the PT auto-request HH feature doesn't seem to be working for Paradise.

What kind of optimal settings do people use with PT and paradise?
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Paradise & PT, a retched marriage

I'm going through the same struggle and there's not much you can do about it. The auto-request to Paradise doesn't seem to be working (although it did a month ago), so I've had to manually request hands. This is a real PITA, especially with 6-max and the hands going by so quickly. Maybe Paradise will work on their software relationship with PT (hopefully they work on speeding things up a little bit first!). I also greatly miss the PA HUD, but oh well.

2 good things out of it:

1.) There aren't as many players on Paradise, so you often run into several at the table that you've already got good PT stats on anyway.
2.) Not having constant updates forces you to observe your opponents a little more and not depend so much on numbers.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:51 PM

It is possible to play without realtime stats.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going through the same struggle and there's not much you can do about it. The auto-request to Paradise doesn't seem to be working (although it did a month ago), so I've had to manually request hands. This is a real PITA, especially with 6-max and the hands going by so quickly. Maybe Paradise will work on their software relationship with PT (hopefully they work on speeding things up a little bit first!). I also greatly miss the PA HUD, but oh well.

2 good things out of it:

1.) There aren't as many players on Paradise, so you often run into several at the table that you've already got good PT stats on anyway.
2.) Not having constant updates forces you to observe your opponents a little more and not depend so much on numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

When is the last time you updated Poker Tracker? Paradise had a change in the menu that caused problems with the auto request option in Poker Tracker but one of the most recent updates was supposed to have solved the problem. If you are up to date try contacting Pat about the problem at the Poker Tracker forum. I'm pretty sure it should be working so there might be something wrong there...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2 good things out of it:

[/ QUOTE ]

When is the last time you updated Poker Tracker? Paradise had a change in the menu that caused problems with the auto request option in Poker Tracker but one of the most recent updates was supposed to have solved the problem. If you are up to date try contacting Pat about the problem at the Poker Tracker forum. I'm pretty sure it should be working so there might be something wrong there...

[/ QUOTE ]

2.08.02--I think it's the latest. Will do that--he is great at responding.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of optimal settings do people use with PT and paradise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise was my first server. When I started using PT I manually imported every 100hands. Now I find it too annoying in comparision to Party so I just play without PT at Paradise. I wrote like 50 emails to Paradise support about changing their HH's policy, many ppl from ther did the same so I dont think there is hope for changes soon.

Best wishes